Motorola Chrome Connect Extension to be retired

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone else uses the Motorola Chrome Extension, but I use it all the time when I'm working from home to respond to text messages on my PC.

But it's being retired this month. :(

Here is a list of features et al. that are being phased with release of Marshmallow to Moto devices.

FAQ: Moto Enhancements & Marshmallow

1coopgt

Reaction score
Well that sucks . I actually like that feature .

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Maybe the key words to take away from that are "usher in a new wave of technology...". The Connect app as we know it may be retired, but maybe they have something new up their sleeve?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

OP
radon222

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was hoping that's what they intended, but when the followed by pointing out third party apps...my hopes were diminished.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I was hoping that's what they intended, but when the followed by pointing out third party apps...my hopes were diminished.
True, its hard to say what will happen with any similar products. Will they come up with something newer & better? Hard to say. But....when they retired previous apps like My Moto Speak they listed "other apps that consumers have used" as a possible replacement. It's a standard going away blurb....we know you like this, but we are retiring it and here are similar things that you can try. After My Moto Speak retired the next generation of phones had Moto Assist Driving Mode baked in, and it is easier and better. Here's hoping they have something new & cool up their sleeve as a replacement.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I tried this out for a few weeks at the office like Radon. It was OK. Not a showstopper for me.
Won't miss it.

/edit/ Not to even mention it'll be a year before we see MM, so no worries yet. lol

/deus edit/ Ah, just noticed the "being killed in Nov" bit. Sorry, radon.

OP
radon222

radon222

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I liked connect extension because I could pop-out a small independent window and could close the full browser whenever I wanted.

Oh well, I'm switching over to MightyText and moving on

Nick D

Reaction score
I don't use it often but I did enjoy it. Hopefully they come out with a nice replacement.