Motorola Calgary Rumors and Pics

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Calgary is rumored to hit Verizon before the end of the year with the BLUR OS instead using android. It should also be priced much lower then the Droid or Eris. Here are some pics found on BGR.

Hardware specs are:
An optical joystickQWERTY keyboard
A 3 megapixel camera

3.5mm headset jack
GPS, digital magnetometer
Wi-Fi, microSD card slot
Spring-assisted slider.

motorola-calgary-small.jpg

motorola-calgary-3.jpg
motorola-calgary-2.jpg
motorola-calgary-1.jpg

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting this. i had the BGR link saved for when you started the section :)

the important thing about this phone is that it IS half a droid.. i'm pretty sure its a dumb phone that is really cool and running android. that means you may be able to get it without a data plan! so for those of you looking at the droid because of the form factor and *some* of the features, but don't want/need the data plan, this might be a good alternative for you...

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone used a phone with Blur?

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
nope, but from what i read, it is VERY much geared for the social networking crowd.

Yodes

Reaction score
nope, but from what i read, it is VERY much geared for the social networking crowd.

Yeah, I dont own one but I have played around with a buddies Cliq and it actually was pretty nifty in my opinion. He is someone who is ALWAYS in need of staying connected with his Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, and his messaging. It keeps all of that information in a very nice, accessible way for him. If your into social networking, a calgary with blur could be what your looking for.

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Yeah those first round images looked sick. That's actually how I came to the darkside. Searched around for some calgary info, found the droid, couldn't be happier. The calgary ended up looking like fisher price my first "smartish" phone

D

DroidMastar

The pics of it posted here do look bleh... Looks like an unofficial fan build.