Motorola Calgary Rumors and Pics

memo90061

Reaction score
I am waiting for this phone!! I don't like how it looks but I am liking the features it has. I would get the Droid but I don't want to pay 360 a year for the data plan yet.

Reaction score
It looks really cheap.

I agree it does look cheap. It has too much of a plastic look to it. But it would be a pretty good low cost smartphone like phone for the teenage crowd, especially if it has wifi and doesn't require a 3G data plan. If it does come out I will probably go to the store and check it out hands on, but it definitely wouldn't serve as a replacement for my Droid.

brianr0131

Reaction score
I can't see any chance of using blur without data. Makes absolutely no sense to me. Blur relies on constant data for updating twitter, FB etc etc. Anyone who thinks you'll be using blur without a data plan is wrong.

RinTinTigger

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Hey,

just today i found this pic

moto-droid-devour-560x420.jpg
on a german tech blog

Its teh calgary ;)

JayMonster

Reaction score
thanks for posting this. i had the BGR link saved for when you started the section :)

the important thing about this phone is that it IS half a droid.. i'm pretty sure its a dumb phone that is really cool and running android. that means you may be able to get it without a data plan! so for those of you looking at the droid because of the form factor and *some* of the features, but don't want/need the data plan, this might be a good alternative for you...

What makes you think you will be able to get this without a data plan? The Motoblur itself is going to require a dataplan to pull in your Twitter/Facebook etc stuff.

But as with the announced Backflip that has MotoBlur, that also means it will be Android 1.5