Motorola Android 2.2 Update Suspended

rustyb

Reaction score
mandrew909

Someone here in SF was going on vacation & did the same thing. He had problems too and found out about the Facebook issue. He went into tools, manage apps, & deleated his Facebook account. He wanted the flashplayer for his vacation. I have not heard of "Unrooting". I have heard if you do, you will still get the "OTA" update over your current one. Some people didn't get the flashplayer & are rooting that. ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK. There is a section here for "nonrooting only". Look there for interest. When the Nexus 2.2 came out there were the same problems. I updated Facebook today & the battery is going fast. Not sure. Over the air will fix we hope....:icon_cool::icon_cool:

bamarammin87

Reaction score
Bah still can't get flash to work tho!
Could you be a little more specific about your problem? Can't find it to install, can't get it work on any websites even though you know you have it installed?

I agree.... I have FRG22 leaked ROOT loaded and Flash Player 10.1 Beta 3 installed. It works GREAT!!

I'm non rooted, but I finally got it installed this morning. Idk where to try it out tho, hulu didn't work, and metacafe was painstakingly laggy and just awful.

lax01

Reaction score
I still haven't noticed any issues with 2.2 on my Droid...the only weird thing that I've seen is the battery meter on the home screen sometimes doesn't exactly match the percentage left in the Status menu...

obxsalvo

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Those who are having Facebook Batt. problems, have you tried going to Facebook via the web and not using the Icon app on phone? I know that Gmail works better when you go to via the web.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
hulu didn't work

Hulu's licensing doesn't have provisions for mobile distribution at the moment, possibly ever, but there is a partial workaround...

Open the browser, type about:debug in the address bar, then go to settings and scroll all the way to the bottom. Open the UAString and select Desktop, hit the back soft button, and then go to www. hulu. com /widget/player without the spaces. Or, if you have chrome2phone installed you can just push Hulu Player Widget and save yourself the hassle.

Please not, this is a partial workaround and even of the things listed on the widget the majority most likely will NOT work.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, so I have a moto droid, and I manually downloaded the forced update and it just feels like my phone had been running slower all around. apps that were previously running without problems are now having the random problems and freezing a lot more and a lot more force closes. So I'd like to know now if there is a way to undo the update to 2.2 and go back to the 2.1 firmware and just wait it out for the official OTA update, ideally without losing all the apps on my phone and having to reset my phone to the factory settings, but I will if i have to. I'd just rather have my phone stock and get the official update. Thanks for any help on the matter.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

If you're experiencing a slower droid then something else is causing it other then the update. Possibilities: You are running a task killer, you have virus protection. Remove those if you do.

Don't have those? Well something else is causing it. The Droid does an 800 without being overclocked and just running Froyo. The stock Droid I think did 600. It has to be faster.

There is no way possible the update caused your Droid to slow down. If you can't figure out what's causing it then do a factory data reset out of your privacy settings. That should clear things up for you.

Might as well because I'm running what you're going to get next and if anything I think it may have more problems then FRG01B.

steve24

Reaction score
Those who are having Facebook Batt. problems, have you tried going to Facebook via the web and not using the Icon app on phone? I know that Gmail works better when you go to via the web.

FB sent out an update last night that fixed the battery problem...

droisuser

Reaction score
its on per customer support

just talked to CS and they said that the update was continuing @ 50,000 per day.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Any word on when the update will continue? Just curious.
It is currently continuing, however it's going slower than expected and they're pushing a second update (to FRG22 from FRG01B) to people who got the earlier update. With two updates going out they've had to throttle back the updates.

Once they catch up they'll speed things back up. Give it a few days or update manually if you want. :)