Motorola Adds the Sprint Version of the Moto X to Their Bootloader Unlock List

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
sprint-moto-x-just-talk.png

Sprint owners looking to do some custom hacking with their new Moto X smartphone will be happy to learn that Motorola just added it to their Bootloader Unlock Program list. For information's sake, if you don't already have the Sprint version of the Moto X you can get it from them now for $199.99 on a new contract if you are alrady a Sprint customer. If you are a new customer coming to Sprint, you can grab the phone for just $99.99 on a new contract. Here's a quick link: moto x: Get the Power of Google Now from Sprint

The process for unlocking the bootloader are very simple, but it's important to remember it will void your warranty on the device if you unlock it, so keep that in mind.

Source: Motorola - Bootloader Unlock Program

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
That's great except that the Moto X is yet another total and epic fail from Motorola. :disappointed:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
That's great except that the Moto X is yet another total and epic fail from Motorola. :disappointed:

Not sure why you think the X is an "epic fail". It's a great phone with solid hardware. Just because it does the have a quad core processor doesn't mean that it's crappy. I really like the X8 setup and think that the Touch less Control is quite nice.

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not sure why you think the X is an "epic fail". It's a great phone with solid hardware. Just because it does the have a quad core processor doesn't mean that it's crappy. I really like the X8 setup and think that the Touch less Control is quite nice.

Beamed From the white sun in the S4 Galaxy.

Everyone knows that you can't play Words with Friends or make a phone call without a 3Ghz quad core CPU and 8GB of RAM...

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
There was so much hype surrounding the release of this phone as a Google/Motorola collaboration and possible flagship device. The reality is that 1.7ghz dual-core isn't competitive in the current market. Then there's the annoying motorola trend of gluing the battery in (total iphone mentality) and now they've even done away with the microSD slot... The only improvements are software based. And based on a video I saw, the double-twist wrist move to start the camera doesn't work as advertised. IMHO this is a total fail because I wouldn't even consider buying this. It seems Samsung is the only one adding new features without sacrificing existing, tried-and-true features.

SquireSCA

Silver Member
Reaction score
There was so much hype surrounding the release of this phone as a Google/Motorola collaboration and possible flagship device. The reality is that 1.7ghz dual-core isn't competitive in the current market. Then there's the annoying motorola trend of gluing the battery in (total iphone mentality) and now they've even done away with the microSD slot... The only improvements are software based. And based on a video I saw, the double-twist wrist move to start the camera doesn't work as advertised. IMHO this is a total fail because I wouldn't even consider buying this. It seems Samsung is the only one adding new features without sacrificing existing, tried-and-true features.

Equating MHz or cores to "performance" isn't always accurate.

My Ducati has 2 cylinders and makes 161hp at the wheel.

A new Mustang 5.0 makes 420hp and has a V8.

Which is faster?

It is so much more than Mhz and cores, it is about architecture and execution. If you design it right, or like my analogy where one is a fraction of the weight and therefore doesn't have as much work to do, then you can do more with less. In my case, my "smaller 161hp" machine can get to 100mph faster then the Mustang can get to 60mph. It isn't even close, because despite having less than 1/2 the "power", it also has 1/10 the weight and therefore is in fact faster. By far.

Just throwing extra cores and Mhz at sloppy code and inefficient architecture isn't always the best approach. Sometimes radically changing how it WORKS, is.

But I do agree, from a marketing perspective the higher number is always "better" and will sell to people that don't know any better.