Motorola 360 Second Generation Could Be Coming

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto-360-designs.png

Rumors of an impending/eventual Moto 360 sometime this year or next are starting to surface. The intel indicates that a new Motorola device with the “Smelt” codename is in development. A "Smelt" is a type of "small silvery fish." This is relevant because the original Moto 360 had the codename "Minnow.”

On top of this info, the source revealed that the gadget will run Android 5.1 and includes a 360 x 360 resolution display. It's not too tough to put the pieces together and come up with a Moto 360 2nd gen device. There's no indication as to how long it will be before Motorola plans to launch the device. Considering the Moto 360 has been out for some time, it could be as early as the fall or winter of this year.

We will keep an eye on this. In the mean-time, here's our dedicated Android Watches section for further discussion: Android Watches Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Source: Phandroid

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So I have time to sell my seldom used moto 360. phew.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I use my 360 daily. Love it. I do have the BestBuy 2 year warranty. So if mine manages to break, I get the money back and upgrade. Sounds like a plan! =D

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I've used mine for maybe two weeks. I'm bored with it.

Gremlin

Reaction score
I am using it .. Love it for all the notifications.. No need to take the phone out of the pocket or reach for it if it is across the room..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
As I (and others) have stated in other threads, I don't see myself upgrading my G watch quite yet. That may all change if/when we see more specifics of this device, but I doubt it, considering the deal I got on the G.

I did see a rumor that was alleged to be a leaked render of this new device that claimed that Moto had successfully gotten rid of the "flat tire" at the bottom, so that would definitely be a step in the right direction for my taste.

Will be interesting to see what these OEMs come up with now that Apple has officially thrown their hat into the ring.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Flat tire and battery life are my two biggest concerns. Four additional enhancements I'd like to see are compass, higher resolution, better Bluetooth distance and faster processor. Otherwise it's still a great watch.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Flat tire and battery life are my two biggest concerns. Four additional enhancements I'd like to see are compass, higher resolution, better Bluetooth distance and faster processor. Otherwise it's still a great watch.
You don't have a compass now in your 360?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Leaked image showing a new band design and thinner bezel

moto-360-2015-leak-weibo.jpg

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
No compass in the 360. There is an accelerometer and other sensors but no magnetic compass.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Then again...... Download an analog watch face...... Ask any boy scout to teach you how to use a watch as a compass :)
Old school!
Interesting. I'll have to research.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Leaked image showing a new band design and thinner bezel

moto-360-2015-leak-weibo.jpg
Personally I hope they don't go with (another) proprietary watch band mounting system. The one they have now works OK with several third party adapters however there are reports of the back plastic cracking on some. This one looks even more difficult to "adapt", and would take away from the aesthetic value of the watch. Why not have a standard watch band mount like practically all other watches?