Motoblur finally debloated with ICS update

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I am running CM9 ICS on my bionic an found a leaked ICS motoblur Skin that XDA manage to get their hands on an I have to say that moto has finally realized how bad their motoblur was an have heavily debloated it its almost a stock ICS skin but not quite they have of course added their own flare to it or else it wouldn't be motoblur but overall I am very happy with it an motoblur is now something worth using IMO

Sent from my DROID Bionic using DroidForums

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
jcwilliams;[URL="tel:[URL="tel:[URL="tel:2081091" said:
2081091[/URL]"]2081091[/URL]"]2081091[/URL]]Where can I find the cm9 ics?
here is the links for both the Akop, CM9 and gummy roms plus the link for the motoblur ics (gummy rom has a hilarious boot animation)

CM9 link= (rombot on droidhive is temporarily down so i am unable to post the link to it but i will edit the post when it is back up sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused)

Akop link=(rombot on droidhive is temporarily down so i am unable to post the link to it but i will edit the post when it is back up sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused)

Gummy link= Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading Gummy_targa_Release-1.0.zip (comes with apex launcher an u must have TiBU or romtool box to remove it if u dont wish to have it)

must flash the gapps zip after installing the rom here is the link to the latest gapps= Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120304-signed.zip

an here is the link to the motoblur zips if u want them u can flash the zip in cwm or install the apk an choose which one u like= (APP)MotoBlur Launcher (Android 4.0+) for non Motorola/Blur phones - xda-developers

Last edited:

b00mb00mchuck

Reaction score
Just to clear up some terminology... bloat is usually used to describe the amount of apps forced on a device from the carrier... blur is the skin that motorola puts over the android operating system... I was confused when I saw the titile of this post thinking that bloat was removed... however , he was refering to the moto-blur not being so "blurish"... the bloat will still be there but the blur is getting a lot better as they progress with updates... there is no way of telling if this is what we will end up with once ICS finally hits the OTA updates but it looks hopeful

DrJay

Reaction score
Where can I find the cm9 ics?

There is no CM9 for the bionic yet. Did you mean the dhacker port of the cm9 source? It's over at droidhive

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no CM9 for the bionic yet. Did you mean the dhacker port of the cm9 source? It's over at droidhive

Read the op again but more carefully an u will see that I already stated where the cm9 an akop roms are for the bionic thanks

Sent from my XT894 using DroidForums

DrJay

Reaction score
Read the op again but more carefully an u will see that I already stated where the cm9 an akop roms are for the bionic thanks

I always read the entire thread before posting, but thanks for the tip.....
I was referring to the fact that you are calling it cm9 and it is definitely NOT a CM9 rom. It is a PORT of the cm9 source code by an independent dev. He should get credit for his hard work in porting to the bionic .... Same can be said for the AOKP (not akop - which stands for Android Open KANG Project) which the rom you refer to is only a PORT of AOKP by an independent dev-who in turn deserves credit too- and is not an official AOKP rom....... That's all

OP
sargentmajord

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
I always read the entire thread before posting, but thanks for the tip.....
I was referring to the fact that you are calling it cm9 and it is definitely NOT a CM9 rom. It is a PORT of the cm9 source code by an independent dev. He should get credit for his hard work in porting to the bionic .... Same can be said for the AOKP (not akop - which stands for Android Open KANG Project) which the rom you refer to is only a PORT of AOKP by an independent dev-who in turn deserves credit too- and is not an official AOKP rom....... That's all

Lol I would give credit if I knew who to give credit to I am just providing the links

Scimino

Reaction score
I read on Google that motoblur + ics 4.0.4 rom is back up. The link was down for quite a while, beta #2 is the bionic version. I can't seem to find the link for it. I would really like to try it out.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums