Moto Z Force Notifications

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Hi y'all my friend recently moved from BB to Moto Z Force other than built in Moto notification is there an app or way to have phone display messages continuously other than waving hand over display ...I didn't see led for phone so wanted something where he can see it from a small distance if a messages comes in and repeats ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
What you are describing is the way Moto Display used to work, new notifications would "breathe / pulse" on the lock screen every few seconds until they were dismissed. With the newer versions of Moto Display you see the notification pulse once and then not again unless you wave your hand, move the phone or look at the phone (if you turn on that option). Some people don't like it and think it's a bug. Moto has said that it's just the way it is now and they are not changing it back. There is no LED light on the phone, only Moto Display.

Maybe there are apps that can make the new Notifications pulse continuously? I am not aware of any, but have never looked for them. I hope they can find a way to make the phone usable for their needs.

Last edited:
OP
bkdodger

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Yeah he was bummed out about the no led or repeat ...it was over dinner so I didn't have time to research and app or something ...it seems kinda dumb they wouldn't let something repeat if you wanted it ...I don't understand phones with no led or even like iPhone use the flash or something ...thanks for reply I will have to check into it more

iPhone Seven Plus

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yeah he was bummed out about the no led or repeat ...it was over dinner so I didn't have time to research and app or something ...it seems kinda dumb they wouldn't let something repeat if you wanted it ...I don't understand phones with no led or even like iPhone use the flash or something ...thanks for reply I will have to check into it more

iPhone Seven Plus

I have been using Moto Display since it was first introduced in 2013 and can't stand blinking LED notifications anymore. That's obviously a personal preference though, some folks still want a blinking LED light. I do like the way it used to be though, where they would "breathe" into view every few seconds. I'm still not convinced that this new method is intentional and not a bug. The Moto App still displays that "Battery friendly new notifications will slowly fade in and out..." Maybe we will see an update that returns the breathe style Moto Display?