Moto X, Kit-Kat only G-mail opens JPG email attachments

mike1939

Reaction score
I have two (2) Moto-X phones, with Kit-Kat 140.45.5, only G-mail opens JPG email attachments. Comcast email and Xfinity App will not. Contacted Tech Support at all three, Motorola, Verizon and Xfinity. The only advice: use G-mail and/or K-9 Mail. Switch to G-mail address would result in immediate loss of business. Is there a fix planned at Google? Motorola 2nd tier help worse than 1st. Other Android devices I have with earlier Android versions work fine. There are many postings online stating same problem. Any advice greatly appreciated.

emveetu

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem! After doing the 140.45.5 update to my moto X, I am NOT able to add an attachment to my email. My email account is pop 3 and I do not want to use my gmail account as it is not the email account I use for business. I am able to add pictures or videos and can access my internal storage and Google drive where the file I want to attach resides but said file is grayed out. It's as if Google has decided we can't do what we need unless we use gmail. Is it possible to use a third party email client that I can download that will send the files?

Thanks very much in advance for any time and attention any of y'all can five to this conundrum.

Frustrated redhead in jersey....