Email issue after kit kat upgrade on Verizon

nri1998

Reaction score
I never had any issues with any of the email systems on my phone before the kit kat upgrade. Ever since the upgrade to kit kat, I am having issue with only one of the email systems that was working perfectly fine before the upgrade. My gmail and Yahoo continue to work fine. Coming to this other email, even though it is synchronizing my emails, I also see a duplicate icon for the same email in the notification bar. When I open it, it says log in failure and asks me to either update the settings or cancel. I have to keep cancelling the window and open the other icon (for the same email) to check my mail. It happens several times in a day. I tried to remove that email system entirely, then go to settings, add account, choose "email" and entered the settings again but it continues to show the error window. This is for my Yahoo small business mail. Could someone please advice how I can fix the problem. I am a VZW customer on Moto X. Thanks.

aerostar377

Reaction score
I am currently having this issue too.....did you ever find a fix for this? Or do you think it is a kit kat issue?

OP
N

nri1998

Reaction score
Email issues

I am currently having this issue too.....did you ever find a fix for this? Or do you think it is a kit kat issue?

The duplicate icon issue stopped for a while on it's own. During Christmas and new year, I saw it only twice. Then it started happening more frequently in the last one week. Then my email stopped working entirely with this new error message, " email stopped unexpectedly". This message popped up like 90 times yesterday. Finally got tired of it. So, I did cache clear (under boot options) and also factory reset (under settings) yesterday night. Restored the phone and it is running smoothly since then with no error messages. It is 24 hours already and no issues at this time. If I see it again, I will post it here.

Looks like both steps (cache clear & factory reset) helped me this time.

OP
N

nri1998

Reaction score

The duplicate email icon issue is back again this morning. Happened one time this morning. The other error message "email stopped unexpectedly" is gone. Looks like this is a Kit Kat problem and google needs to fix it immediately.