Moto X 2015 Rumor Round-Up

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
motox-3rd-gen.jpg

Here's a recap of everything the rumor-mill has revealed so far regarding the third generation Moto X coming this year:
  • Two models of different sizes: 5.2-inch and 5.7-inch (this larger one could be a Verizon exclusive)
  • USB type C connector
  • Metal frame surrounding the Moto X case design could have a function related to fitting a mountable VR Headset
  • 16MP "Clear Pixel" rear camera
  • 5MP front camera
  • Wood Grain exterior version
  • Android 5.1 with a quick update to Android M later this year - including Moto's always-on voice commands and the Moto Display notifications system
  • Could be a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 or 810 (2.1 revision which resolves the heat issues)
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB or 64GB
  • 3280mAh battery with QuickCharge 2.0
The pricing and release dates are still up in the air, but July 28th is Motorola's press event in which we suspect that all will be revealed.

Sound off and let us know if you are excited by the next gen Moto X, and check out our dedicated section here: Moto X 2015 Edition Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Last edited:

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
This might be my next device! Designed by me of course. :) Loving the 5.7" option.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also, are you sure these aren't backwards?
  • 16MP "Clear Pixel" front camera
  • 5MP rear camera

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
If these rumors come out to be true, this phone will be juicy. I hope the 5.7" will be just another option. Why should Verizon have all of the oversized fun?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
motox-3rd-gen.jpg

Here's a recap of everything the rumor-mill has revealed so far regarding the third generation Moto X coming this year:
  • Two models of different sizes: 5.2-inch and 5.7-inch (this larger one could be a Verizon exclusive)
  • USB type C connector
  • Metal frame surrounding the Moto X case design could have a function related to fitting a mountable VR Headset
  • 16MP "Clear Pixel" front camera
  • 5MP rear camera
  • Wood Grain exterior version
  • Android 5.1 with a quick update to Android M later this year - including Moto's always-on voice commands and the Moto Display notifications system
  • Could be a Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 or 810 (2.1 revision which resolves the heat issues)
  • 3GB of RAM
  • 32GB or 64GB
  • 3280mAh battery with QuickCharge 2.0
The pricing and release dates are still up in the air, but July 28th is Motorola's press event in which we suspect that all will be revealed.

Sound off and let us know if you are excited by the next gen Moto X, and check out our dedicated section here: Moto X 2015 Edition Android Forum at DroidForums.net

People, stop using Microsoft programs.
Support small developers with good ideas.

trimis după racheta nevestei cu un alt Tapatalk decât cel de până acum.
Mănânc cai? Qashqai!

galaxy_nexus_back.jpg

Is it me or does that look like the Galaxy Nexus?

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
Moto's 2014 X is 5.2". So, normal phone & VZW exclusive model had the same screen size. Hoping 2015 models follow suit.

alicia78

Banned
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SamSung S5
Great mobile,
  • 16MP "Clear Pixel" rear camera
  • 5MP front camera and 3 GB ram is something I was looking for....Great