Solved Moto/Moto Assist "Home" not staying on.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I've been having this issue with Assist "home-talk to me" for a while now. I was hoping that the jump to 5.1 with the new Moto app would fix it but it hasn't.

The issue I'm having is the "home" feature doesn't stay on. It comes on when I turn on WiFi and works fine. However when I turn off WiFi within 5-10 minutes it turns off. When it was Assist I cleared the app's data, uninstalled/reinstalled updates, and reset my home location. My location is set for high accuracy. I haven't tried any more troubleshooting steps since I received the new update. I have a feeling that it wouldn't make a difference.

The other issue I had with Assist is I couldn't respond to text messages when driving. They would get read find but when I wanted to reply it would crash. I haven't tried it yet with the new Moto app so that issue might have been fixed. I'll find out soon enough.

Has anyone else had these problems?

OP
LoudRam

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I broke down and did an FDR and it solve the problem. It also gave me a new boot animation so I'm guessing it may have done other things behind the scenes. I did it with my restore off but used VZ Cloud for my contacts and pictures.

Last edited: