Which are the good ones vs bad model #s
Anyone experience this?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I own 3 Moto Mod batteries and none have gotten hot. But "hot" is a relative term. What's hot to you may not be to me. What's hot to me may not be to you. None of mine have ever become so hot I couldn't hold the phone comfortably. As with any battery that's charging, they do get warm. The phone, and Moto Mod battery, do get a little warm. I saw a post on the Internet today by Abe Lincoln and he said his phone doesn't get "hot" while charging with a Moto Mod. If Abe posts it, it has to be true since he invented the Internet.

The Moto Mod software has two settings for ALL battery Mods.

1.) Efficiency Mode - which will keep the phone battery at 80%. This will charge slower and generate less heat. When the phone reaches 80% the Moto Mod battery (anyone, they all abide by the Moto Mod app rules) will stop charging. Both devices do get warm at first though... general battery charging physics.

2.) Default Mode (I think that's what it's called) - the Mod will try hard to always get the phone to 100% charge. The Battery Mod is going to work much harder in this mode and generate more heat.

All of my Battery Mods run in Efficiency Mode and none get "hot". Maybe these posts you read we're people that think "warm" is "hot" and had their Moto Mod app set to Default Mode not realizing the difference?

If you want Turbo charging speed, get the Moto Turbo Power Pack. I like it, but don't like the in hand feel of the material. It also has a USB - C port to charge the Mod separate from the phone. If you want wireless charging get the Incipio Off Grid with Wireless Charging. If you don't want wireless charging and no USB -C port get the standard Incipio. If you like polkadots get the Kate Spade battery Mod.

Pick one at a price you can afford and see how it goes. Don't worry about all the crap you read online by disgruntled customers. For every negative review there are hundreds of positive experiences by users that don't post reviews. Most people only post reviews when they have a bad experience, not a positive experience.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I have read some of the old battery mods get hot
Which are the good ones vs bad model #s
Anyone experience this?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

this is something you should not even worry about. batteries get hot no matter the models. I did a search and did not see anything that could be a problem. did see some where they complained theirs were hot but most seemed to be false alarms.