Moto Droid + Ringtone (using Mac computer)

stevens_5

Reaction score
i am trying to crop part of a song i want to use as my ringtone. by going into itunes and opening up the 'info' on the song, I am able to choose when I want the song to start and end...

I did this and connected my Droid via USB to my laptop (Macbook Pro) and it transferred the song but it was not cropped where I had wanted it to be, instead it played the song from start to finish.

Can anyone help me? thanks.

Reaction score
Just download Ringdroid on your droid and it will crop it on the phone. iTunes won't let you crop a song. Quicktime pro will but it's just easier to use Ringdroid.

OP
S

stevens_5

Reaction score
great thanks, was looking for an app like this, perfect.

Gillyanne

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
VZW Note 3
i am trying to crop part of a song i want to use as my ringtone. by going into itunes and opening up the 'info' on the song, I am able to choose when I want the song to start and end...

I did this and connected my Droid via USB to my laptop (Macbook Pro) and it transferred the song but it was not cropped where I had wanted it to be, instead it played the song from start to finish.

Can anyone help me? thanks.

I'm glad you found an option w/ the post above, but I just wanted to give you a FYI about the "start time" in itunes. That only tells itunes where to read the song from to start, it doesn't actually edit the file to crop the song. If you notice, when the song plays in itunes, it will show jumped to the time you set it (eg: you set it to 1:30, you will see the ticker start at 1:30, not showing 1 second in yet playing 1:30 in the song).

I use a PC, so I'm not sure of a good free/cheap editing software for MP3s, but I've used goldwave for years (started making my own ringtones before it was a common/easy as it is now) for this purpose.

koralyne

Reaction score
back before i had android and ringdroid, i used wavepad. That program was awesome.

Laramie

Reaction score
Ringdroid is good for an in phone option.

For on the Mac stuff, I like Audacity, and it's free.