Ringtone problem

apollyon73

Reaction score
I've searched the forums and can't seem to find the answer to my question/ problem. I've only had my Droid just over a month now so maybe I'm missing something...anyway...here's the issue. I downloaded a couple of songs about 2 weeks ago and followed the instructions on making them ringtones. After I got the new software update I was checking these songs to select one for a ringtone and it wasn't listed any longer under the ringtones list. I've tried using the method provided on this forum to make a song a ringtone but instead of getting that as an option I'm only getting the following three options: Play, Edit Tag & Delete. I know you press and hold the song you are wanting to use and the option for using it as ringtone is supposed to be one of the options. It was before but now it's not listed, only the three I wrote above. I'm baffled!?? Am I just a complete idiot and am missing something or has something changed with the new software update. I have tried every song I downloaded just to make sure it wasn't a correct song file or something but the option just isn't there. If anyone has any insight I would appreciate the help. Thanks and have a great night!

OP
A

apollyon73

Reaction score
You press and hold on the song you want to use until the options come up and then select use as ringtone. The problem is I no longer get "use as ringtone" as an option. Again, I could be a complete idiot and am doing something wrong. But, like I said, the songs I had selected as ringtones are no longer listed in the ringtone selection(and they were there prior to the update) and it won't let me select ANY song now to use as a ringtone now unless I use an app for ringtones specifically.

OP
A

apollyon73

Reaction score
I'm using the "iMusic" app that was on the phone. I used it before and it worked, now it doesn't. Not sure what the problem is...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
...or put the downloaded ringtones into a Ringtones folder on the SD card.