Droid question about saving downloaded music files!

jderossett

Reaction score
I have to say I love this phone, just have one hang-up. I go to mytinyphone.com to download ringtones. The problem I am having is once I download the song, it stores it in may music folder. I would like to know how I can save the song into my ringtones area and how I can rename the file because it only saves it as unknown artist. Please help me figure this out.

Taegost

Reaction score
It would probably be easiest to download it on your computer, save it to an easy place to get to (like a folder off your desktop).
You can then right-click on it and choose "Rename" and type in a new name.
Once that is all done, you can then plug your phone into your computer and copy/paste the files to the ringtone folder.
BTW... This all sounds more complicated then it is :)

Here we go, this thread gives you the best steps I've found, and hopefully I can help him fix his issue as well:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad/49654-cant-see-files-ringtones-droid-address-book-question.html

Last edited:
OP
J

jderossett

Reaction score
I appreciate man. I was hoping there was a way to do it without my computer but that will work just as well for me. Thank for all the help.

Skaggz

Reaction score
You can use a file manager, such as Astro, to manually move the song into your ringtones without the use of a computer.

chrisl121070

Reaction score
I downloaded Astro, but it won't let me move the files from where they are saved on the SD card to the ringtone folder on my phone ... am I doing something wrong?