Moto Droid no longer can connect to wi-fi

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
Sadly in it just happened in the past day or so i've had no issues with my wifi connection until about 2 days ago. I'm running currently ShadowROM 0.2.2 with Gapps and i've tried a number of different roms to see if it was the ROM i was using that caused the wifi issues. i've gone from cyanogenmod to bugglesbeast and even SorceryROM and a number of minor roms too and so far none of them have allowed me to connect to my wifi network. i have a netgear and i've had the netgear even before i bought the phone about a year ago. still like i said this whole time i have had no issues.
the issue is that it wont even TRY to connect. it has the network remembered so when i turn on the wifi it just loops through "scanning, connecting, disconnected" has anyone else come across this issue? if so can it be fixed? or is it just a temporary issue thatll go away on its own? i've looked up many websites and all have said that the droid tends to lower its own output on the connection making it hard for it to connect at times but that doesn't explain why after almost a full year i haven't had a single wifi issue until NOW.

titans1

Reaction score
Check your kernel. This is more then likely your problem. What is your low side set at? any lower then 125 can cause problems. just some ideas for ya. Also are you sure your router is working right? could it have crapped out on ya? Could your code have gotten corrupted? need to reenter the info? i m just shooting ideas at ya...

OP
Silvernirvash

Silvernirvash

Reaction score
Check your kernel. This is more then likely your problem. What is your low side set at? any lower then 125 can cause problems. just some ideas for ya. Also are you sure your router is working right? could it have crapped out on ya? Could your code have gotten corrupted? need to reenter the info? i m just shooting ideas at ya...

yah thanks for the suggestions my router is working fine because i have about maybe 3 differnt things in my room alone that require a wifi connection between my ps3 my psp and my minilaptop they all can gain access with out issues.
as for my kernel im using the stock one that comes with shadow rom but i also used Cyanogenmod before this with the stock kernal and wifi worked for a long time with that. so idk what the issue is ;-; think its possible for the wifi on the phone itself to crap out?
as for my code what do you mean by my code? you mean the info for my router? my phone sets it up automatically every time so idk what to do.

naman919

Reaction score
Sadly in it just happened in the past day or so i've had no issues with my wifi connection until about 2 days ago. I'm running currently ShadowROM 0.2.2 with Gapps and i've tried a number of different roms to see if it was the ROM i was using that caused the wifi issues. i've gone from cyanogenmod to bugglesbeast and even SorceryROM and a number of minor roms too and so far none of them have allowed me to connect to my wifi network. i have a netgear and i've had the netgear even before i bought the phone about a year ago. still like i said this whole time i have had no issues.
the issue is that it wont even TRY to connect. it has the network remembered so when i turn on the wifi it just loops through "scanning, connecting, disconnected" has anyone else come across this issue? if so can it be fixed? or is it just a temporary issue thatll go away on its own? i've looked up many websites and all have said that the droid tends to lower its own output on the connection making it hard for it to connect at times but that doesn't explain why after almost a full year i haven't had a single wifi issue until NOW.

this just happened to me today. OG Droid with CM 6.1.2. I have literally changed nothing with my OS or kernel since Christmas. out of no where today my phone wont scan and find wifi networks. wifi enables but wont see any networks. I tried at school and still nothing showed up but my remembered list. didn't even auto connect to one of those.

ideas? anyone else?

naman919

Reaction score
I fixed it by telling my droid to "forget" some old networks i no longer use. Appears a cache built up and affected wifi connection overall. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Sent from OG Droid