Moto Droid Multimedia Station Showing Car Dock Home Screen

RustySkoog

Reaction score
So i bought a second MM Station for my Moto Droid last week, along with the Car Dock and Car Charger (I think it was a $49 package on Verizon's website), and unlike my first MM Station, this one pops up with the Car Dock home screen rather than the MM Station home screen... I read somewhere that it's most likely due to reversed polarity of the magnet trigger Moto uses to trigger these two apps.

For more information, I want to use one dock at work, where I am constantly listening to music, and I use the original one I bought at home on my nightstand. As such, I really don't want to have navigate past the Car Dock home screen to do what I want to do...

Is there anything I can do to get the dock to show the correct screen?

-Rusty

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Either pluck out thine magnet, turn it around and reinstall.

Force the magnet to reverse it's polarity (I'd show you this, but then everyone here would want to know how, I'd have to attend shows, TV, etc. Much too chaotic for me, hence, no. I won't be showing you).

Return it for another.

Really nothing you can do, the dock is triggered by a mag, and it failed Q/A for proper install ....

OP
R

RustySkoog

Reaction score
Is there an easy way to pluck out the magnet, or am I going to possibly tear the thing apart if I try?

-Rusty

OP
R

RustySkoog

Reaction score
Turns out the easiest thing was to just take it to the local Verizon store, baffle the employees with my weird multimedia station, and then have them exchange it right there on the spot. dancedroid