Moto Droid is ALOT of Phone

joegrind

Reaction score
Just letting you guys know that everyone here is doing an awesome job not only coaching and finding shortcuts, but also making recommendations....I finally ordered my Droid today after going into the store every day since Friday....people are buzzed about it...and surprisingly, many are 'older' ie.. 40+ I was talking to the VSW csr in the store today when I told her I was going to get it and she asked me TWICE if this was the phone I wanted. Apparently, many folks bought it and came back in the store to return or get help...they were saying IT DOES TOO MUCH....it's definitely not as 'basic' as an iDont but many people do feel intimidated by it. I think the forum is helping. If possible, the the Admins can make a permanent sticky thread once we all figure out this beast for a basic set-up and 'how-to' for new users.....I predict many more members in here throughout Christmas and will probably be asking repeat questions etc.

Good job though!
btw my Droid is now 'in Process' and being assembled to
my specs and shipping tomorrow!!
:motdroidhoriz:

SwordOfWar

Reaction score
You think thats bad? I went to a an official verizon store and the sales rep was holding a desktop icon and was too retarded to notice why the icon was not opening the intended feature/app.

Obviously, you just tap an icon, not hold your finger on it. Since when did you have to hold an icon on any smartphone to open the feature?

One of the issues I noticed is that since the iphone is so popular, most people who have been using them get frustrated or very confused when other phones (such as the DROID) does not operate in the same way. There is a learning curve with new phones, and I think everyone should expect to learn new ways of doing the same thing, especially if they switch to a phone with a completely different OS.

Dannab1

Reaction score
Would help if verizon shipped it with a manual. If you are not tech savvy or haven't found this AWESOME board as a resource you would be clueless with what came from verizon. I am amazed at how many people buy advanced "toys" and aren't either knowledgeable or willing to acquire the knowledge to operate them, then blame the device! They seem to think they will just understand it.

Tommyd1

Reaction score
This web site has helped me learn more and more about my new Droid everyday. I am so thankful to be able to come here everyday and learn something.

In time I will become a Droidy :) and I couldn't have done it without this forum

Thanks to everybody that asks questions and to everybody that gives such excellent answers.

I'm loving my Droid - thanks to this web site - thank you, thank you - thank you :icon_ banana: