Moto Droid Green LED Always ON

hoespinoza

Reaction score
I've had this phone for almost a year and never encountered any problems. Yesterday, I noticed some strange behavior. The touch screen was messing up and I couldn't use the unlock pattern. I assumed it was the screen protector so I took it off and then everything was working fine.

About a couple hours after that, I noticed a my message Green LED was on and not blinking. Just a solid Green. I use handcent for SMS and the blue LED wouldn't come on when I got a text. I pulled the battery and the Green LED would turn on as soon as I plugged in my battery, I hadn't even turned on my phone. I then tried draining my battery, once I got to 15% battery I noticed my red LED wasn't coming on. So, I figured it was just a broken LED.

Then I started browsing the web on my phone to look for answers. I got several ad popups from doing simple google searches.

To me this could have the qualities of a virus, has anyone encountered anything similiar to this? If so, any possible solutions.

alitke

Reaction score
Take your battery out and then slide it back in but do not turn the phone on. See if the battery still remains on. My father recently received a Motorola Droid from his work after his boss found out everything mine could do when he took my father and I to a baseball game. For some reason his light would not turn off, although his was blue, and he ended up having to return it as they said it was a faulty wiring.

It was insane I mean I did everything from a complete wipe to pulling the battery to reformatting the SD to rooting and nothing would make the light go off. It was insane and absolutely drove me nuts. I ended up taking the phone to verizon for him and when they finally had a determination of what it was, who knows if it was a lie or not, they ended up saying that a wire was not attached correctly and it made the light receive a continuous charge.

Like I said it was extremely crazy but I have heard about a few instances of this and from what i have understood it has required the person returning the phone to fix it.

Hope this helps. Just do not wait to long or you might end up being left with that dud phone. If it is the same problem.

m42duster

Reaction score
I had a problem with my LED. Tech support stated there was no LED troubleshooting they could do over the phone. They just replaced the unit under 1 year warranty.