Moto Droid 2/AKA Shadow

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Droid 2 rumor is looking like an October release....

The Shadow will be in June.....

Both these Moto's are supposed to be pretty beefy....Shadow will have better specs/hardware than the Incredible.

Droid 2 should be a monster

and so the cycle continues : )

hectorh3000

Reaction score
sounds disappointing.

only 1ghz. you can oc and get 1.3 ghz.

yes you could oc to maximise speed, but thats unessary heat for your handset and stress. if you are already running a ui that is designed for speed why tweak and lose life expendancy?? also if it happens to brick or malfunction moto might not cover it under warranty... well if your on verizon the techs might not notice the mod and get you a new one if you ahve the insurance..

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
no motoblur please!
I saw this and thought this is not Droid 2...

so who is returning their incredible in 29 days lol
Trying to decipher the little bits of info from the people "in the know" motoblur MAY be on the Shadow.

The Droid 2 MAY be seeing Android 3.0.

Droid 2 is being described as godly lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score

Both these Moto's are supposed to be pretty beefy....Shadow will have better specs/hardware than the Incredible.

I'm sitting tight.........
CK u da man.......
I figured this might get u fired up......
Moto Droiders needed a lil shot in the arm.
If this bad boy has Motoblur, I'm still on it.

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score

Hey CK thanks I actually have to other lines to play with. But wanna leave them free for LTE, ya know....
The family gets the hand me downs. It's good to be the king :)

Darkseider

Reaction score
no motoblur please!
I saw this and thought this is not Droid 2...

so who is returning their incredible in 29 days lol
Trying to decipher the little bits of info from the people "in the know" motoblur MAY be on the Shadow.

The Droid 2 MAY be seeing Android 3.0.

Droid 2 is being described as godly lol

That's the part that gets my attention. In all reality aside from a slight performance difference from the Droid --> Incredible --> Nexus, etc.. The Droid in and of itself can be described as Godly as can the Incredible, Nexus, EVO, Galaxy S, etc... So here's looking forward to Godly v2.0! :icon_ banana:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Soba this little bit of info that's out there has me real fired up : )

I really like the Moto Droid and to see what little bit of good info is is real exciting.

This device will be pretty hot.

Alfador

Reaction score
So this news all really has me going.

My plan was to use my upgrade now, and get a Droid. Now, I'm asking the obvious question on getting a Droid Incredible instead. Problem is, I've now got this news staring me in the face and it seems pretty appetizing to wait for it. The real keyboard is a big plus for me, as I've always had a discomfort with touchscreens for longhand typing (fat bear-paw like hands don't help), so I feel motivated to wait for a Shadow or Droid 2 (as I understand it, the shadow is NOT the droid 2, but will share a similar hardware layout with improved specs over the original droid).

I guess I need to figure out if I can wait until then (I currently have a regular non-smartphone which sucks), or if I should get a Droid or Incredible now and then make the effort to switch when the Droid 2 comes out. I won't be able to my upgrade, but 2 other people on my plan have upgrades, and I may be able to bribe them with a cheap/free hand me down droid and a few months of their phone bill so I can use their upgrade. Once I'm eligible from an upgrade, do I have to use it within any amount of time or is it good for the remainder of my contract?

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score

but 2 other people on my plan have upgrades, and I may be able to bribe them with a cheap/free hand me down droid and a few months of their phone bill so I can use their upgrade. Once I'm eligible from an upgrade, do I have to use it within any amount of time or is it good for the remainder of my contract?

If you are lead on the acct and one of the two aint your wife. Take it :)
RHIP=rank has it's privleges...........
If the above is not the case well; start sniveling

Alfador

Reaction score

but 2 other people on my plan have upgrades, and I may be able to bribe them with a cheap/free hand me down droid and a few months of their phone bill so I can use their upgrade. Once I'm eligible from an upgrade, do I have to use it within any amount of time or is it good for the remainder of my contract?

If you are lead on the acct and one of the two aint your wife. Take it :)
RHIP=rank has it's privleges...........
If the above is not the case well; start sniveling

I wish I were so lucky. Nah, I'm a secondary account on it, but it's really a shared deal "we all split the bill evenly and no one person has priority" so it's a matter of just brokering what works best for everyone. At least one person on it is unlikely to want a smartphone, so I don't know if I could use that one. Because of the required data plan, I'm thinking, even if she upgrades to a smartphone and then immediately switches to a regular phone, that data plan is probably part of the 2-year "commitment" and it couldn't be downgraded back when the phone is changed, so I'd have to rely on the other person switching at some point and being willing to get my phone free instead of a cutting edge one for 1-200 bucks.