Moto Droid 2/AKA Shadow

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
If the Moto Droid 2 comes with the Tegra chip that will be pretty awesome.

The power : )

Alfador

Reaction score
Everywhere I search I see tons of rumors about the droid 2 and shadow but nothing verified. I see rumors that they are one in the same, rumors that they aren't. There are fake pictures, and a lot of articles mistaking the Incredible for the next Droid.

Honestly, all this sucks. My contract just became eligible for an upgrade today and the lack of news on the next incarnation of the Droid is really a bummer. I'm a bit of a keyboard freak, and without solid buttons I'll go nuts (It was #1 on my list of gripes with the iPhone but has since gone down on it). However, the Incredible just seems too much of an improvement to pass up on, especially for the same price point.

The announcements always seem to come too close to the actual release to be of good to many people, so I wouldn't be surprised if I picked up either a Droid or an Incredible now only to find out that the Droid 2 will be out in June, which I would gladly wait for >.<

Big Cam

Reaction score
In two years time, VZW will be on their way to GSM. I want this suppsoed new phone.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
no motoblur please!
Yeah I'm not a fan of these UI's (MotoBlur and Sense)

Give us the Tegra : )

Talking about a release as early as June though...

I have an upgrade ready so I'm pretty excited about this one.

OP
soba1

soba1

Reaction score
If the Moto Droid 2 comes with the Tegra chip that will be pretty awesome.

The power : )

I figured you'd like it.........
After reading about this one I am definitely staying pat.

cplus

Reaction score
Yes!

Can't wait... I am SOOOOO gonna get it.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Father's Day release? That would make it June of this year. Now the other glaring kicks in the balls. Moto Blur?! Seriously if the Droid 2 has Moto Blur you can seriously count me out until it is rooted proper and get something like BB or Cyanogen on it. Otherwise it's a no go and I will look elsewhere for my Android fix. Motorola if you read these forums. WE DON'T WANT A MOTOBLUR SUCCESSOR TO DROID! Give us a real "Google Experience" phone like you did with the original Droid and you will have yet another winner. Otherwise you will once again fade back into obscurity.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Ugggh please tell me the next moto droid won't have motoblur, I finally got behind the wheel if the Sense UI on the incredible last night, and I have to say aside from the ugly launcher I liked it.

All I really want(as an upgrade) is the things that will make at least par with the latest: double the processing speed, a better camera, and video out/ HD

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes me too most definitely. I need the keyboard. My 30 days runs out 1st week of May...My 'gift from Verizon very early' NE2 upgrade was to expire May 31st...but I jumped all over the Droid as soon I got the email the beginning of April....

AAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

But my Droid runs so good with no problems, I can see myself forking over retail for this Shadow/Droid 2. Now I know what its like to be an iPhone user....cuz this is the first time I even considered paying retail for a phone. Well, actually I almost paid retail for the Droid...Verizon saved the day.

hectorh3000

Reaction score
you must remember

one the droid is on verizon.. and for a handset to actually make it on verizon it not only has to pass f.c.c but also verizon.... sucks thats why they reject alot of hot phones (let other carriers try them first) like iphone/instinct/and most of their samsung and lg phones.. plus most great phones are downgraded by the f.c.c to be sold in the us and canada.. sucks i know... thats why some manufactuers never sell their good stuff till years later (nokia/panasonic/sony)... but hey we will see.. the droid did set a new standard in processing speed!! so all will have to follow suit!! i hope.. moto is not known for killing their money makers off with a complete new phone, the razr was around for years!! but we will see what they do.. hands down the milestone/droid is the fastest phone i have seen being sold (not tested on youtube) to the consumer base since the iphone.. i love it and plan on sticking with moto (i have the hard to find milestone on att 3g and makes the iphone look slow)...