Moto Boss Slams SGS4 & HTC in Favor of Moto X; Makes Some Solid Arguments

WestOkid

Reaction score
On a side note. I'm confused about his display arguments. Is he saying the X display is not pentile or simply cutting off his nose to spite his face? Currently there are no HD non-pentile AMOLED displays under 5 inches. Samsung has always admitted pixel size is an issue with AMOLED displays going back to Galaxy Nexus. It's why they abandoned AMOLED+ after the S2. Has moto solved this problem?

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
To each their own. I would never listen to music on my speakers - that's why I have good headphones and 320kbit music. I'd rather not have the cost and the extra bezel, thank you.

I think the majprity of people would fall into the "It would be nice to not have to always use headphones" camp.
I sit at my desk all day and listen to music with my phone propped against something so the sound bounces back. I see people complain about this in several of these forums. Having to cup your hand around the back to hear it? You never show your friends a YouTube video on your phone?
It simply makes no sense to me why it took this long for someone to put STEREO speakers on the FRONT of a phone. Seems like such a common sense thing to me.
But that's why we have choices... don't want a slightly larger bezel to accommodate front speaker??? ...buy a Moto X.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think the majprity of people would fall into the "It would be nice to not have to always use headphones" camp.

Again, if I was going to listen to music without headphones then I would buy a much better speaker to plug in, or probably get some sort of stereo or mp3 player with superior speakers. Heck, sitting at my desk the internal speakers of my laptop are probably a better option.

It's a lot nicer not to have to deal with the added bezel and cost.

WestOkid

Reaction score
Again, if I was going to listen to music without headphones then I would buy a much better speaker to plug in, or probably get some sort of stereo or mp3 player with superior speakers. Heck, sitting at my desk the internal speakers of my laptop are probably a better option.

It's a lot nicer not to have to deal with the added bezel and cost.

You conveniently ignored the point about sharing a video with friends. Or even a song with friends. More importantly, having speakers in the front is superior. Since when is it not good to do what is better? Why advocate back speakers, when they are clearly inferior and done for manufacturing inefficiency not consumer experience?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
You conveniently ignored the point about sharing a video with friends. Or even a song with friends.

I don't do that very much. Even if I did fairly frequently, it wouldn't be a good trade-off to having to tolerate the extra "wasted" size of the phone EVERY time I use it. The front speakers simply add little value to primary/typical every day use. The front speakers run completely counter to what most people appear to want - bigger screens, smaller phones. That's not to say there isn't a use or market for front speakers, but I don't think you'd find it to be a particular popular/demanded feature.

We can find all kinds of uses and all kinds of things we might put in a phone. Doesn't mean it's a good idea or practical.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that Mot can blast other phones.
I have had multiple MOT phones and the one that stands out as crap was their flagship phone a couple of years ago...
Bionic with the headphone whine........

I hate marketing drivel.
The device will speak for itself in the face of competition.
To start bashing the competition make you look weak. Are you weak Mot, are you?

As a longtime Mot user, I hate to say it but, my next phone is the LG G2.

sb1831

Reaction score
I've been saying since before quad core phones came about, that phones are currently going through their own version of the "MHz myth" that happened with desktops and laptops years ago. I think eventually people will come to the conclusion that specs are overrated and experience triumphs specs. There will be a divergence where everything will level off and there will be more parity with specs. I believe it will end up being like gaming PCs and laptops. A niche market

acousticshade

Reaction score
It's about buzz. Inflammatory comments get people talking, and talking about the Moto X. Mission accomplished.

Trolling: Level = CEO

Unfortunately this tactic does work, but it is lowbrow. It gets fanboys & anti-fanboys arguing to no end.

Reaction score
But it perfectly OK for the HTC one to bash phones by having the slogan "everything your phone isn't".....one again people try and make an argument from idiotic opinions.....it is what it is people, rather you like it or not and to each his own...

wvdroidman

Reaction score
sure Motorola came out with the most popular droid ever in the original droid but since then what have they done besides get rid of a removable battery and get rid of the pure Google experience? (hears crickets) As for HTC.. they lost me with the thunderbolt debacle. Almost got an HTC DNA but because of the thunderbolt debacle went with the s3 and removable battery and sd slot.

Rhino94

Reaction score
sure Motorola came out with the most popular droid ever in the original droid but since then what have they done besides get rid of a removable battery and get rid of the pure Google experience? (hears crickets) As for HTC.. they lost me with the thunderbolt debacle. Almost got an HTC DNA but because of the thunderbolt debacle went with the s3 and removable battery and sd slot.

I will never go with another HTC after my thunderbolt...it was a mess...I was getting replacements just about every other week until I had my 7th replacement and I complained and they gave it to me.

Rhino94

Reaction score
Let not even mention that the thunderbolt had the speakers behind the kickstand...so you had to open it in order to hear it...what a fail idea...Idk I like my moto RAZR maxx. I am not a fan of HTC or Samsung and I really don't think I have what it takes to go to the IPhone. So that only leaves LG AMD Moto for me and unless LG makes another nexus I dnt think I'm going down that path. I dnt like plastic phones and the moto x seems like a great alternative for me.

Olhonda

Reaction score
I will never go with another HTC after my thunderbolt...it was a mess...I was getting replacements just about every other week until I had my 7th replacement and I complained and they gave it to me.

I stopped buying HTC after my Imagio. Their quality scared the hell out of me after that. I busted out my Motorola Q9M the other day to play with. Duel stereo speakers that actually still sound great when playing music. Not such a revolutionary idea now.