Moto 360 Now Receiving Android 5.0.2 Update

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
moto360-android-502.png

Without a doubt the most popular and most talked about of all the Android Wear devices is the Moto 360. The Android smartwatch has impressive styling and works well. One could argue that it's simply the best Android Wear smartwatch available, and if that is true to you, then the best just got a bit better.

Motorola just starting pushing out the Android 5.0.2 version of Lollipop to the device. It doesn't change much, but here's the changelog with the details,

Google Play – Updated Google Play services
Bug Fixes – A variety of system optimizations and security updates to improve performance and stability

Owners of the Moto 360 should sound off and let us know what you think of the update. Did it improve performance for you?

This update could be the first of a rollout to several other Android Wear devices. We'll keep you updated on the update, so stay tuned!

Source: Motorola

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It's been rolling out to pretty much all other Android Wear devices as well. The LG G Watch R, the LG G Watch, the Sony Smartwatch 3, and the Gear Live have all been confirmed to be receiving it. I haven't seen anything about the ZenWatch receiving it yet, but I'm sure it will shortly if it hasn't already.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Got mine on the 360 this AM, have not really noticed a difference. Might seem a bit snappier, but could be new update placebo effect.

I have been really happy with the 360 after the 5.0 update though, not sure what more they could improve.

StupidGenius

Reaction score
Got mine on the 360 this AM, have not really noticed a difference. Might seem a bit snappier, but could be new update placebo effect.

I have been really happy with the 360 after the 5.0 update though, not sure what more they could improve.

I agree. I think it runs like a champ already. It will be interesting to see what the 2nd-Gen will be like. I assume a more current processor will be utilized this time. Rumor is early-Spring for a reveal.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
FIX SCREEN OFF WHEN CHARGING!!! This is the biggest bug to me. I dont' want my watch on all night when I sleep!

Gremlin

Reaction score
AArgh I am debating buying this or the nvidia tablet..

Any idea if moto 360 v2 is coming? LG Watch Urban looks good but don't know much about it..

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Haven't seen anything on my G Watch yet, but glad to see they're moving right along and (hopefully) improving the software.
I take all internet articles with a grain of salt (or more), but according to PhoneArena...the update is pushing to the Moto 360, LG G - R, and Samsung Gear Live first. Then it will be pushed to the LG G and Asus Zen afterward. Maybe in a few days?

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Figures. The day I'm not wearing it, we get an update.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
What watch? If it is the Moto 360, double tap the button on the side. It will go into theatre mode. Screen off while charging!

It turns off the display but 1 minute later the backlight comes back on and all the pixels are displaying black, the display itself is not off.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It turns off the display but 1 minute later the backlight comes back on and all the pixels are displaying black, the display itself is not off.
That's weird. Theater mode on my g watch definitely shuts the entire screen off. It's black AND dark as night.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I take all internet articles with a grain of salt (or more), but according to PhoneArena...the update is pushing to the Moto 360, LG G - R, and Samsung Gear Live first. Then it will be pushed to the LG G and Asus Zen afterward. Maybe in a few days?

A co-worker's G Watch received the update this morning. It's definitely already out for the G Watch. It's very possible that like most Android software updates, it's rolling out in waves.