More than 3 desktops?

thehirsches

Reaction score
Is there a way to get more than 3 desktops on the Droid? I think the Incredible has more, but am not sure.

Is this something Froyo will increase in the official "non-rooted" version or in the rooted one out there now?

I haven't found reason to root so far, but that would be a compelling reason.

Yes, I admit I am a newbie on this, but after doing a lot of searching I was not able to find much, so figured I'd just ask.

Thanks.

Mojo

Reaction score
yes... either download a home replacement app from the market (I would go with launcher Pro) or root and install some custom ROM's And yes Froyo has more home screens

warrior21

Reaction score
Just go to the market and download launcher pro or ADW. They are both great lauchers and I believe they both offer up to 7 screens. There is no need to root your phone for just that.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i use launcher pro and i only use the 3 screens. it just seems a lot more efficient

anrichardson

Reaction score
I used 3 screens along with FolderOrganizer, but now I use LauncherPro(5 screens) along with FolderOrgnizer.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
We have no idea if the official Froyo will increase the number of screens on the Droid. When the first few phones got 2.1 they all had more than 3 screens so we assumed the Droid would as well. However, when we got our offical 2.1 update we were still at 3 screens. No one knows for sure what Froyo will bring until it gets here.

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Just download LauncherPro Beta from the Market, once it's installed press the "home" key on the phone, it'll ask which launcher to use...check "set as defalut" and then select Launcher Pro.

Now you can hit the menu key, go to "preferences" and select from 1 to 7 home screens, 3d app drawer or not, icon dock style as well as a few other options.

It's much faster than the stock launcher and gives you more home screens.

korp

Reaction score
Is there a way to get more than 3 desktops on the Droid? I think the Incredible has more, but am not sure.

Is this something Froyo will increase in the official "non-rooted" version or in the rooted one out there now?

I haven't found reason to root so far, but that would be a compelling reason.

Yes, I admit I am a newbie on this, but after doing a lot of searching I was not able to find much, so figured I'd just ask.

Thanks.
ADW, Launcher+, and several other home screen replacements let you have usually up to 7 screens without needing root or any new version of Android OS.