more than 160 characters?....

slick.rick419

Reaction score
So... Verizon wireless wont let ya send more than 160 characters in a single text message unless you're sending it to another vzw customer that supports "EMS"enhanced messaging service. Anyone know of an app that'll split them into multiple messages?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Handcent...the BEST SMS/MMs app available guaranteed.

Get it free in the Market Place

and it will split your sms for you no need to stop typing it just breaks it up and sends them.

bamfsig45

Reaction score
Handcent...the BEST SMS/MMs app available guaranteed.

Get it free in the Market Place

and it will split your sms for you no need to stop typing it just breaks it up and sends them.

But Im sure you have to check the box in the settings first.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon

privatejz

Reaction score
awesome.. been looking all over for something like this.. that 160 character crap was driving me nuts.

cheers!

mack38

Reaction score
This is great! Thanks....
That 160 characters was driving me crazy....

brenj888

Reaction score
Even 160 takes me forever!

I love my phone but HATE all of the keyboards!! I know I will have a learning curve, BUT they all stink. I text pretty fast...always have been a typer. QWERTY makes me move right along.

The slide out keyboard is crazy. I can't hold it from the sides because then I can't reach the keys on the right. Then when I try to hold it from the slider I can't use my thumbs.

The horizontal keyboard makes me swear! I The letters take such a tiny touch that I am throwing up crazy letters everywhere. Then some finger just always finds the period so I get capitals in the middle and crazy sentences. For all of its faults, that is the one I am concentrating on. It doesn't seem to be able to have haptic like the phone pad dialer. The vertical texting keyboard----FORGET IT!!! I can only type using one finger and THAT doesn't always work either.

Takes me forever to text and fam is laughing at me because my texts don't reflect a retired English teacher!