More Smartphone Buyers Choose Android Over iPhone [STATS]

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
And the iPhone passing Win Mo the past few years, and Android now nipping at the iPhone heels?

That doesnt say anything about Android vs iOS?

yes. thats where the 1 vs many argument comes in. it's like this. iphone is michael jordan, android is lebron, winmo is someone like tyronn lue. naturally winmo has no chance...android has a chance and has even more of a chance cuz they're on several different networks (lebron on the heat hahaa)...and michael jordan did it all on the bulls.

the iphone sold more units on one network than android has done across several networks and several phones...that says alot.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
I'm sure the results would be different if the IPhone was offered by more carriers... There are like 20 android phones on the market right now, supported by all the major carriers...

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
^lol

I agree with the last sentence.

And I hate the no edit....

yep it's just what it is. winmo is really not a threat to either android or iphone. but the reason android has "caught up" to iphone is because of its availability on several different carriers and the amount of phones that offer android as an OS. as someone mentioned earlier a better metric would be androids on AT&T vs the iphone (which still wouldn't be a perfect metric considering there are at least 4 android phones on at&t)

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
Windows Mobile is pretty sucky. It's got a few nice features and capabilities, because it is somewhat windows based, but is really glitchy and buggy. Sure, I was able to edit my registry really easy, but after a couple week my phone got slow and I had to do a full wipe. After awhile it just would lock up and be useless.

I really do think Android is the premier OS. I've never been a fan of Apple products cause they're always been overhyped and overpriced. I will admit they are a leading innovator. First GOOD music player(ipod) first good touch music player(itouch) first good touch phone/and smartphone(iphone) but after their product is on the market, other companies bring something else out. I Android OS can do just as much if not MORE then iOS. It's very customizable, the apps are about the same. You have a HOMESCREEN, not just pages of apps. Apple products are known for slim, stylish, and simple, but not as the most powerful, customizable, or most configurable.

geoff5093

Reaction score
It's the whole open vs closed OS debate, just like how Windows is much more widely used then Mac OS.