[More Leaks] Leaked DROID X Gingerbread (2.3.3) Update Available

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid-x-2.3.png

Hot on the heels of the last story is a leaked Gingerbread (2.3.3). This one is for the Droid X this time. It is again, courtesy of mydroidworld.com. These guys are swift and savvy... awesome. Below are the instructions and links:
Installing Firmware

1. Download this file from the TBH app or one of the mirrors below
2. Use Bootstrap to get your phone into recovery.
3. Create a backup (This is not compatible with new firmware)
4. Install the Firmware using recovery

1. select install zip from sdcard
2. choose zip from sdcard
3. navigate to teamblackhat folder
4. select the file you downloaded

5. Restart phone

If your phone bootloops you need to enter recovery and wipe data:

1. hold down power and home.
2. when you see the triangle hold down both volume buttons
3. select wipe data/factory reset ---press power button to select
4, reboot system

Download Mirrors:
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

http://www.multiupload.com/RS_34Q1IPM9B2

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Deposit Files

Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: Monster_2.3.3_4.5.573_updater.zip

zSHARE - Monster_2.3.3_4.5.573_updater.zip - Free File Hosting Service | Audio and Video Sharing | Image Uploading | Web storage

Download Monster_2.3.3_4.5.573_updater.zip for free on uploading.com

MD5 Sum - bccdcb1b3436c72c311f2df3077dcb10

Thanks guys!

Source: MyDroidWorld.com

spawn9859

Reaction score
I will definately be flashing this on my X when I get home, can't wait! It looks very nice ^^

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Crazy lookin droid X up there ^

HAHA, thats what I'm saying.

Anywho, been reading the forums about the GB release and it looks like the GB release is pretty amazing. They even have good things to say about Blur. I'm backing up my phone now and am going to put it on my phone.

funwheeldrive

Reaction score
Forgive me, I am relatively new to Roms and flashing and all that jazz. My x is currently running gummy jar, will running this remove my current rom from my phone? What advantages will gb have over my current setup up, and will I be able to update my phone normally when the official update is sent out?

CellZealot

Reaction score
Have fun folks! This is a really great build and marks a major turning point for Motorola and the Droid series devices. Motorola deserves a lot of credit for finally getting many things right with the new Blur.

TBH is thrilled to be able to bring this to the community several weeks early and let everyone see and enjoy the results. Lots of work still to be done to get root and continue development but this is real new life blood for the DX and D2.

We should all be very happy about this.

Oh...and you're welcome! ;)

big al

Reaction score
I did this last night and it replaced the bloat programs I previously uninstalled. No biggie
Seems fine now. Everything works.
My root is still intact.
I have the sync circle arrows constantly up top now. Not sure what could be syncing, my stuff is all still there from before.

Any ideas?
Tried power cycling already.

this didnt fix the stupid double unlock when using pattern lock though

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
Have fun folks! This is a really great build and marks a major turning point for Motorola and the Droid series devices. Motorola deserves a lot of credit for finally getting many things right with the new Blur.

TBH is thrilled to be able to bring this to the community several weeks early and let everyone see and enjoy the results. Lots of work still to be done to get root and continue development but this is real new life blood for the DX and D2.

We should all be very happy about this.

Oh...and you're welcome! ;)

Better Blur? Yes.

Do I like it? I would say yes IF and ONLY IF I had the option to uninstall some of it. Not all of it, just some of it. (I don't mean Blockbuster, but some of the social networking crap that I just don't want to have bogging my phone down.) But yes, it is MUCH better. Kudos to Moto for improvement. :)

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did this last night and it replaced the bloat programs I previously uninstalled. No biggie
Seems fine now. Everything works.
My root is still intact.
I have the sync circle arrows constantly up top now. Not sure what could be syncing, my stuff is all still there from before.

Any ideas?
Tried power cycling already.

this didnt fix the stupid double unlock when using pattern lock though

You still have root? this would be good info to share. I thought that root had not been achieved yet.

CellZealot

Reaction score
He doesn't still have root...he probably still has the Superuser app in the drawer but it won't work.

mursepaolo

Reaction score
wait so this will undo root? think i'll wait for Liberty to get their hands on this update..