More 'In The Wild' Shots of the Galaxy Note 8 Arrive; Leave Mr. Blurrycam at Home

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-leak-1.png

Or most recent stories sharing leaked pics of the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 tablet left something to be desired. Luckily, for today's newest leaked photos, Mr. Blurrycam stayed at home. These new shots also show the S Pen in tow for the device. In the second shot we can see the tab compared to a Galaxy Note II phablet. As people have noted in the forums, you can see a phone speaker on this device, and from the intel we are receiving you can indeed use this device as a phone. In fact, the camera for the device is even situated in portrait-mode, which is like a phone, not a tablet.

Samsung-Galaxy-Note-8-leak-2.png

Realistically speaking, it was likely designed to be a video-chat device. (It also makes things handy if someone calls you while you are already on your tablet... you don't have to pick up a different device.) Beyond the obvious use as a video chat device, I can envision someone using this as a "back-up phone" if for some reason their phone is lost or damaged. It would be hilarious to see someone using this as their primary phone!

Source: UnWiredView

BigZig

Reaction score
Anyone heard rumors about price point on this? I would buy @$299.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
perfect phone screen size..

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone heard rumors about price point on this? I would buy @$299.

i think everyone would be. my guess is in the 600 range with no phone capabilities if it has phone capabilities i would be thinking in the 800 range

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Depending on the price, I may consider either selling my Nexus 7 or giving it to my kids and getting one of these. I love the pen aspect of it. My dad has a Note and I have to say, the pen does have its uses. I'd also love to see what the performance of the device is like. When I got my first Nexus 7 back on October (maybe november) of last year, it was fast as hell. There were reports of that performance being different all across the board. My new Nexus 7 I got this month (broke my first one...oops) and I have noticed its not quite as peppy as my first one. Using the same ROM too. Also, the screen isn't the greatest. At night, its just fine, but the colors on my S3 are just amazing compared to my N7.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
"In fact, the camera for the device is even situated in portrait-mode, which is like a phone, not a tablet."

So does the Nexus 7, but it can't really be used as a phone out of the box. The location could just be based on the fact that most people have a tendency to want to hold their smaller tablet in portrait mode out of habit. That is how I use my Nexus 7 most of the time. But I used my Xoom in landscape mode due to it's size. So maybe they did some research into how people used the smaller ones and built it accordingly.

BigZig

Reaction score
i think everyone would be. my guess is in the 600 range with no phone capabilities if it has phone capabilities i would be thinking in the 800 range

I would hope not you can get a 10.1 for $500

Serpico

DF News Team
Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ANDRAC.co
"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to turn off and stow your ... ..... ... phone? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

manusingacellphoneonana.jpg

Frederuco

Reaction score
More 'In The Wild' Shots of the Galaxy Note 8 Arrive; Leave Mr. Blurrycam at ...

Anyone ever watch Trigger Happy TV and remember this guy?

Trigger-Happy-TV---Huge-Cell-Phone-vid301.jpg

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score