Latest Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Leaked Pics Hit The Web

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I'm seeing taking my S6 another cycle, other than a lacking battery this phone is fine, looks like a battery pack/cover is on the horizon...
Apple?...

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Tech hasn't flatlined... expectations are just higher than they should be. Everyone got used to leaps and bounds upgrades...but that sort of thing isn't sustainable on a year to year basis.
Hardware caught up with software...so that's where the advances are mostly.
Then talking design...well sooner or later a company will pick a design language and stick with it. Look at the auto industry. Every decade or so they change design ideas and work to make the entire line cohesive to fit within that language. Phones will do the same.
So exterior changes will be more subtle going forward...hardware changes less noticeable...and software will be the biggest change on a regular basis.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
I disagree on the tech part, the phone cycle used to one up on the processor, at least at each step, now the newest ones that are coming out have the same processor as the S7, and that came out at least 4-5 months ago, they may toss in a little more RAM for eye candy...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I disagree on the tech part, the phone cycle used to one up on the processor, at least at each step, now the newest ones that are coming out have the same processor as the S7, and that came out at least 4-5 months ago, they may toss in a little more RAM for eye candy...
That's the thing...there's no new great processor out right now...the 821 isn't out yet...the 823 isn't coming until next year. The hardware isn't advancing as fast as it did..and that's probably somewhat due to saturation of the market. They have pushed the limits of mobile tech extremely far in the past few years and I think expectations matched past growth...and now it's harder to make those big leaps.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
IMO this phone is improving on the S7 edge which is a great phone ...I don't know what peeps want from Samsung... it's one thing to say you don't want to spend $850 on a phone that's cool we have other options but Note doesn't need a big jump up !

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO this phone is improving on the S7 edge which is a great phone ...I don't know what peeps want from Samsung... it's one thing to say you don't want to spend $850 on a phone that's cool we have other options but Note doesn't need a big jump up !
I don't think anyone is saying the Note7 won't be a great device, just that it's not going to be a must have because it's so much better than what's available now. An unintended consequence of Samsung making great devices for years is they're not outdated in a just a year or 2. Not as great yes, but not outdated.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I don't think anyone is saying the Note7 won't be a great device, just that it's not going to be a must have because it's so much better than what's available now. An unintended consequence of Samsung making great devices for years is they're not outdated in a just a year or 2. Not as great yes, but not outdated.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Yea I hear ya ...but still someone that upgrades from 2yrs to now it's a great choice and wanting to stay with Sammy ... plenty peeps stay with what they like say Moto or Apple ...it's good to have a phone stay solid for a few years which is the case for many enjoying a Note 4 or 5 ...

6S PLUS

Reactions: cr6

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I also think some wanting it to be so much more than the S7 is unrealistic... They are on the same cycle. Samsung jumped the 6 designation to show they are on the same level.
So, same cycle... Similar specs... Slight improvements... Seems justified to me. I'm probably going to jump on the Note 7. I had the Note 3 and thought it was solid. I'll be happy to have a reason to get back with the Note brand.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea I hear ya ...but still someone that upgrades from 2yrs to now it's a great choice and wanting to stay with Sammy ... plenty peeps stay with what they like say Moto or Apple ...it's good to have a phone stay solid for a few years which is the case for many enjoying a Note 4 or 5 ...

6S PLUS
The only reason I'm not still using my Note2 as my main phone is I switched carriers. If for some reason I switch back to Verizon I fully plan to activate it until a newer something or other catches my eye. It'll be software not available on phones a year old , as abandonment is about as prevalent as fragmentation on Samsung/Android and nobody else offers an electronic stylus pen. I honestly believe if software/firmware was updated better the buyers sticking with older devices would be more, forcing more focus back onto hardware advances to increase sales like in the past. Hardware changes seem to move Apple peeps more than just incremental software updates on models, such as bigger/smaller screens and the like. I might be totally off base there but I believe there'd be more Apple users updating models if iOS was as bad about things as Android.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
At this point, I guess, it's kinda speculation to say it's not for me, as I've never had a Note, and really haven't bought a new phone since the S4, so when it actually comes out and we know for sure what it is...
I'll make my decision then, as I doubt the Apple will make me change my spots ;)

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
At this point, I guess, it's kinda speculation to say it's not for me, as I've never had a Note, and really haven't bought a new phone since the S4, so when it actually comes out and we know for sure what it is...
I'll make my decision then, as I doubt the Apple will make me change my spots ;)
This one will be the closest to an existing S series yet. I remember a while back when you got your S4 the ergonomics between an S and Note were huge but with each newer release they get closer to the same in hand feel and look to the eye. The S pen is for some, perhaps you as a business tool due to its software difference between a regular phone and a Note and perhaps, like multi windows is to the vast majority, it'll be a nice new feature that soon gets ignored . I use a regular stylus on my Note8 much more often than its s pen because I don't use the tablets the way I use the phones but like using a stylus for accuracy over a fat finger that covers 3 digits on a keyboard at least. I'd say mess with someone's Note, no matter the model number and if quick notes and stuff is going to be a tool used daily go for one. If not the non Notes are killer devices, no matter what brand or model.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
It's the notes part that still has me hanging on this thread, I don't use a tablet for work, for play yes, but the phone is in my hand almost the entire day, for email, texts, photos etc, and the notes part could be a win win....

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's the notes part that still has me hanging on this thread, I don't use a tablet for work, for play yes, but the phone is in my hand almost the entire day, for email, texts, photos etc, and the notes part could be a win win....
That's why I suggest using someone else's for a bit. Time is money and when one gets over the hill, like you, time not spent trying to remember stuff or remember where you wrote down where stuff is located so you can find it quickly can be done almost instantly with an s pen. With the newer screen off note writing capability it can be even faster to write down something, draw out a quick doodle, etc which can be very helpful.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
That's why I suggest using someone else's for a bit. Time is money and when one gets over the hill, like you, time not spent trying to remember stuff or remember where you wrote down where stuff is located so you can find it quickly can be done almost instantly with an s pen. With the newer screen off note writing capability it can be even faster to write down something, draw out a quick doodle, etc which can be very helpful.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><
My thoughts exactly, I'll definitely check it out, then again, 14 days to keep/exchange / return are a good thing.