Month's Best Android Apps

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Downloaded Opera 5, it's blazing fast. Replaced stock browser with it for now.

Downloaded Google Shopper - WAY better than Shop Savvy or Goggles, it just blows them away - uninstalled Shop Savvy and Goggles.

Downloaded Dial Zero - could come in handy having instructions on how to get a hold of an operator at any company. Works well.

slinky

Reaction score
Good question. I like X-Scope but I always have problems with the password fields with it. Sometimes formatting is off but it is fast. I originally bought dolphin which is rather slow.

searayman

Reaction score
I love opera 5 but one problem is it seems to acces a different version of google then the stock android broswer, and it just doesnt that google isnt as nice

amuse

Reaction score
ShopSavvy...

Alex here from the ShopSavvy team. Why do you think Shopper is better than ShopSavvy? We have a LOT more data (i.e. retailers and prices) than Shopper. Is there something I am missing? Love some feedback.

Downloaded Google Shopper - WAY better than Shop Savvy or Goggles, it just blows them away - uninstalled Shop Savvy and Goggles.

Downloaded Dial Zero - could come in handy having instructions on how to get a hold of an operator at any company. Works well.

bacalao

Reaction score
Alex here from the ShopSavvy team. Why do you think Shopper is better than ShopSavvy? We have a LOT more data (i.e. retailers and prices) than Shopper. Is there something I am missing? Love some feedback.

Maybe because it's new. Or he liked the interface better. Sorry to waste your time, I don't really use those apps, but it could come in handy.

bacalao

Reaction score
Opera 5 or XScope? I wonder which one to use

I relied on Opera Mini for internet back when I used Blackberry. But I rather like the xScope interface and the zoom options. I actually use the different zooming techniques regularly, but don't really use the file and task manager part of it.
Opera does 'feel' faster sometimes..

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
pretty good list thanks for the heads up

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You are totally correct when you say your database is far better. However I found that I almost never used your program or Goggles...

I was impressed by the technology and speed that it worked. Unlike everything else on the market, a picture taken of a book or a bar code was instantly recognized - the engine that runs it was vastly superior. Second it allows you to use your voice to search for products - I really like that and found myself using it more.

If I were a major shopper (I'm not) I would use your program. But I'm out of your demographic... male 44 years old hates shopping.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have never liked xscope and the zooming was never smooth enough for me to appreciate it.

I changed to Opera because it is BLAZING fast compared to anything out there and it has some great bookmarking features.

You will likely see me move back to the Stock browser with 2.1.

Opera 5 or XScope? I wonder which one to use

I relied on Opera Mini for internet back when I used Blackberry. But I rather like the xScope interface and the zoom options. I actually use the different zooming techniques regularly, but don't really use the file and task manager part of it.
Opera does 'feel' faster sometimes..

c_mack9

Reaction score

i uninstalled shopsavy because although i didnt use it much, everything i scanned was never found. i havent used shopper enough to compare the 2 yet but i found shopsavy pretty useless and i would prefer to have the added free memory from not having it.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shopper impressed me because when I downloaded it and tried it on a few nearby books it got the cover right almost instantly. Unheard of with any other program.

On all of the other programs the picture never seemed to find the product - on this it was like magic.

That plus voice search was enough.

i uninstalled shopsavy because although i didnt use it much, everything i scanned was never found. i havent used shopper enough to compare the 2 yet but i found shopsavy pretty useless and i would prefer to have the added free memory from not having it.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I find the pinch zooming on all the browsers so far to be clunky. But that is the reason I will switch back to stock when 2.1 comes since it will be excellent pinch zooming and it will be free.

Opera = no pinch zooming.

Cya...