Modified Google Videos with Root Check Disabled, Now Available via SDX

WoZzY

The GRD Dev Team
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
[h=2]Modified Google Videos with Root Check Disabled, Now Available via SDX[/h] Posted by Stormy Beach On Aug 12 2011 2 Comments

Videos-650x406.jpg
Very recently there was an update to the Google Videos [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]app[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] that allowed the newest feature to work on all Android [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]devices[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] sporting Android 2.2+. This inevitably helped many users get there hands on the latest ability to rent and watch movies on their devices. Sadly, due to piracy concerns, this function was not allowed on any Rooted devices. I can understand why they would want to block it. Being rooted we would have the ability of pulling the movie file off and keeping it. Anyone that knows anything wouldn’t even think about doing this. We have much better versions available from various other outlets. I was just tipped off that there is now a version that has been modified to allow any [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]Android [/FONT][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]device[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] with root and Android 2.2+ to enjoy the service. Take a quick read -
This [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]APK[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] is a modified version of the com.google.[COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]android[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR].videos-1.apk that bypasses the root & tamper checks. This apk file will fix both the standalone version of Google Videos and [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]the [/FONT][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]Market[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] integrated version of Google Videos. This apk should work on any Android device (2.2+) and with any theme (2.2+) as it does not make changes to the system folder or anything like that. This apk should work fine with unrooted phones, but if for some reason it doesn’t use the normal app.
This bypass doesn’t affect the actually DRM licensing, it will still generate a proper license key, you will still be limited to the normal viewing times, you will still have to pay to rent movies, etc. Don’t ask, because it’s not happening. It just bypasses/disabled the root check.
This apk has been tested on both 2.2 and 2.3 and on the following devices (Although as stated previous it should work on any device with root); Moment, Optimus, Droid Incredible, Thunderbolt, Xoom, Transform, [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]Nook[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] (CM7), G1 (CM7)
Please remember, as with anything I create/modify, this is use at your own risk. If for some odd reason this apk doesn’t work on your rooted phone, unroot [COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]your [/FONT][COLOR=orange !important][FONT=inherit !important]phone[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] watch your movie and then there is no money lost.
If you’re actually crazy enough to use Google Videos on your Moment please be aware that you may have to stop and start the app a few times as the Moment runs out of memory and the app freezes, I didn’t experience this behavior at all on any of the other phones I tested.
If you plan on putting this file on another forum, feel free as long as you post a link back to this forum. For the love of little baby Jesus just never re-upload the file to somewhere different and put “I found this on Internet, I can’t remember where, donate to me if you like it.”, because there is no way you read through this novel of a post and forgot where you got it from.
Like the dev says, this is going to allow you watch the movies as you would on any stock device. DRM policies are still in effect and license keys are still generated. This won’t let you pirate the movies, and you shouldn’t want to anyways. We all want to keep this service active and honest.
If you want to give this modified version of the app a go, head on over to ften’s sdx-developers page and download the APK. Be sure to let us know in the comments if it worked for your device and what device you are running. That will help everyone enjoy this mod. Source: SDX

Thanks Steve for sending this in to us!

Tags: google, Google Videos, HTC Thunderbolt, Movies

Source : Android Spin