Google Video App for Android Phones now Available

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
video.png
Google's movie rental service has been available for honeycomb tablets exclusively for months now, giving them the ability to rent and watch movies on the go, the application is now also available for phones. This application was launched yesterday to the normal Android market for devices running Froyo and above. It gives phones the ability to use Google Movie from anywhere they have a data connection. Using the app, you can rent any movie that's available with Google and watch it on your mobile phone. Another cool feature about the application is that it compiles all your other videos on your phone and puts it in another tab for easy access.

Check it out in the market, and share your thoughts.
Via: Androidcentral

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
video.png
Google's movie rental service has been available for honeycomb tablets exclusively for months now, giving them the ability to rent and watch movies on the go, the application is now also available for phones. This application was launched yesterday to the normal Android market for devices running Froyo and above. It gives phones the ability to use Google Movie from anywhere they have a data connection. Using the app, you can rent any movie that's available with Google and watch it on your mobile phone. Another cool feature about the application is that it compiles all your other videos on your phone and puts it in another tab for easy access.

Check it out in the market, and share your thoughts.
Via: Androidcentral

Great !! Thanks bro! Always nice to have another vid app and Google at that!:)

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Isn't this the same thing that is in the new market? My D3 got an updated market a few weeks ago (shortly after its release) and low and behold I was stunned to see I could rent movies and buy books from the market.

View attachment 39093

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah this has been in the new market for a few weeks now. The real story is that it has finally been hacked to allow the movies to be played on rooted devices. You have to download the special apk for it though.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the "Movies" tab in the market doesn't show up in the market for me. I'm running GPA17 and I can manually find movies if I do a search for a specifically one, but the option to rent the movie isn't there. Well, the movies section and rent button was there for a day or two initially after installing GPA17, but shortly thereafter dissapeared. I've tried reinstalling the market that came with GPA17, I've reinstalled an older vending.apk and let MarketIpdater do it's job, and I've tried installing the blacked out market version but I still can't get the movies tab back, or at the least, the button to actually purchase and download the movie. Any ideas from you bright gals/guys? It doesn't have anything to do with being rooted, as I've even "unrooted" myself (changed the name of the su binary) and I'm still having the same issue.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the "Movies" tab in the market doesn't show up in the market for me. I'm running GPA17 and I can manually find movies if I do a search for a specifically one, but the option to rent the movie isn't there. Well, the movies section and rent button was there for a day or two initially after installing GPA17, but shortly thereafter dissapeared. I've tried reinstalling the market that came with GPA17, I've reinstalled an older vending.apk and let MarketIpdater do it's job, and I've tried installing the blacked out market version but I still can't get the movies tab back, or at the least, the button to actually purchase and download the movie. Any ideas from you bright gals/guys? It doesn't have anything to do with being rooted, as I've even "unrooted" myself (changed the name of the su binary) and I'm still having the same issue.

I no longer have my D1 otherwise I would do some testing. But Maybe its a compatibility issue? I don't think the D1 is "certified" to play the movies so its not an option for the D1. I could to totally wrong just my thought.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
Movie tab works in my market on the D1. I am rooted so I haven't been able to play a movie yet but I downloaded the hacked apk which supposedly disables the root check so you can play the movies.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
Heh, I wonder what my issue is then. Maybe Pete has done something different in this latest GPA, but like I said, if was working for a day or so :)