[MOD] TouchWizGTG Launcher (works on VZW Fascinate)

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
All credit goes to bendbowden over at XDA for the find....

Orig link: [MOD] TouchWizGTG Launcher (works on VZW Fascinate) - xda-developers

icon1.gif
[MOD] TouchWizGTG Launcher (works on VZW Fascinate)

I ran across an awesome mod last night in the Captivate forums and thought I would share it with you guys. What is it? Basically, it's a modified/customized TouchWiz Launcher. According to its creator, gtg465x, it offers the following features:

-Landscape mode (270° rotation)
-Transparent app drawer background and no icon backdrops
-New fly-in effect for app drawer icons
-Removed text "Press and hold this page to add content" from blank screens
-Galaxy Tab specific code removed to reduce app size
-Enabled 16-bit mode for faster/smoother animations
Another awesome feature it gives is the ability to alphabetize your apps in the app drawer (much like the Vibrant launcher).

There are currently four different versions of the launcher: (1) regular dock/regular icons, (2) regular dock/colored icons, (3) 5 icon dock/regular icons, and (4) 5 icon dock/colored icons. I personally tested each of these out last night and they worked great on our Fascinate.

Again, I did not create these and take absolutely no credit for them. My goal is to simply share what I consider to be an outstanding mod. Hopefully somebody else will enjoy the mod as much as I have
biggrin.gif

Here are a couple of pics of my favorite of the four versions, the regular dock/regular icons TW Launcher (the two that are funky are in landscape mode):

SC20110211-054236.png
SC20110211-054255.png
SC20110211-054317.png
SC20110211-054349.png

*Again, all credit goes to gtg465x. He's the guy who created these for Captivate.*

His post with the mod can be found here. Here are his installation instructions .....

Installation (If you're a noob, I recommend using Root Explorer. If you're not, you probably don't need this installation guide.)

1. Copy the default TouchWiz30Launcher.apk and TouchWiz30Launcher.odex (if applicable) from /system/app to your SD card as a backup.
2. Delete TouchWiz30Launcher.odex (if applicable) from /system/app and copy this new TouchWiz30Launcher.apk over the old one.
3. Set permissions of the new TouchWiz30Launcher.apk to rw-r--r--. You can probably get by without doing this. Haven't tried it.
4. Important! If you are installing the new dock version you must clear launcher data to unhide the apps that were in your dock previously. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Running > com.sec.android.app.twlauncher and then force stop, clear data, and press home.
I recommend trying all four of these versions out. Hope you enjoy! BTW: You can bet your ass I'm gonna be including this mod in my theme very soon
wink.gif

Downloads
(1) Regular/Regular
(2) Regular/Colored
(3) 5Icon/Regular
(4) 5Icon/Colored

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
they arent flashed in recovery...you need to adb push them to system or use root explorer per the above instructions

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
so I want screw it up...how do u install zips thru root explorer
open RE, mount r/w at the top, go to system/app, mount r/w at the top
1. Copy the default TouchWiz30Launcher.apk and TouchWiz30Launcher.odex (if applicable) from /system/app to your SD card as a backup in case it doesnt work
2. Delete TouchWiz30Launcher.odex (if applicable) from /system/app and copy this new TouchWiz30Launcher.apk over the old one.(just paste it in and it will ask if you wanna replace the old one)
3. Set permissions(just like the OG Droid1) of the new TouchWiz30Launcher.apk to rw-r--r--. You can probably get by without doing this. Haven't tried it.
4.once pasted over the old one...mount r/o at top then menu/more/home then mount r/o at top and menu/exit.....reboot
5. Important! If you are installing the new dock version you must clear launcher data to unhide the apps that were in your dock previously. Go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Running > com.sec.android.app.twlauncher and then force stop, clear data, and press home.

OP
TAPOUT27

TAPOUT27

Silver Member
Reaction score
after unzipping it..clicked on apk...says not installed
since its in your system already you cant install it with the package installer...thats why you have to use RE to overwrite the old one thats already there

Rsswga

Reaction score
i got it installed..

now I want the samsung keyboard
how do u install it..I have the sammykb.zip
it has two folders in its zip file