Mobile wars

DreadX

Reaction score
Does anyone feel that the partnering of Verizon and apple with hurt Android?
I don't particularly care for the iphone, or windows 7 phone myself, but feel like there is a bit of betrayal going on.
It's unfair for Verizon to have gained every confidence and dollar from Android and notably, Motorola and then go and backstab them both in the back by even entertaining the idea of adopting the iphone.

*to Verizon: Hey Verizon, Android and Moto have trusted you, given you a lot of $$$$$$'s for their products. You've enjoyed making a few $$$'s selling their products and have been solidified more than ever as thee best carrier..
But now, you're going to fan apple's bee-hind, and for what? do you honestly think that steve jobs is going to give you back a Nickel just so you can say that you carry iphone?
Now AT&T have smartened up a bit, and will be getting Droid Terminator by Motorola, and maybe even forge an alliance with them that they will benefit from,all the while YOU become what AT&T has been for a few years..**

anyways, this is my rant to Verizon. we have Android, why in dickens do we need an iphone shelving up next to our Droids? I hate you apple. I hate w7 phone too.
:reddroid:

give the CEO of Verizon a Melvin...:icon_evil:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
i see nothing wrong with it.... having more competition will only make each phone better because now they have to compete directly with each other.

nothing but good can come out of this.

OP
D

DreadX

Reaction score
i see nothing wrong with it.... having more competition will only make each phone better because now they have to compete directly with each other.

nothing but good can come out of this.

Thank you for your reply, first off.
But I believe Android already IS better than the iphone, but I can see and appreciate your point!
;)

all replies welcomed and appreciated!

VideoGameMatt

Reaction score
Can you imagine what this will do for the Verizon phones? Android, Blackberry, iOS and WP7 all on the same carrier. This will become a battlefield and only the truly best of the best will survive. I look forward to it actually. This will make all the manufacturers push hard to create the best phones they possibly can and thus we win in the end.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Everyone looks to the issue of one phone VS another and completely misses why this is a good thing in every way, Verizon is going to make billions because of this deal, and that means even better service for all of us to enjoy on LTE. The increased competition will push manufactures to take it even farther to be the best device out there because now they won't have a choice, they HAVE to produce an iPhone killer, no more games and market share data to look for. Full blown war is about to happen.

We win NO MATTER WHAT people. Android is too strong to die because of Apple, so strong in fact it's actually going to end up making it that much better. Look for the big picture here and stop focusing on the individual pixels. :)

scott craft

Reaction score
Like most of you, I think direct competition on the same network will bring us some unbelievable phones. Maybe android will take a hit initially, but in the end the phone companies that produce android phones will really step up their game.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, first off.
But I believe Android already IS better than the iphone, but I can see and

there is no such thing as one device being better then the other.

While android may suit your needs it may not work for the next person.

Android and Iphone are pretty much identical as far as capabilities go. There is nothing you can do on one that you cant do on the other.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I don't really mind bringing the iphone to verizon. I am admittedly an android fanboy but it still doesn't bug me. It will be a good thing for verizon which will hopefully mean being able to attract the best phones from all platforms. And I don't think its going to affect android too much. If people really wanted the iphone they probably would have jumped ship and done so by now.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It will only force Android device quality to improve to compete with the already established iPhone.

Win for Android fans.

chaz.ring

Reaction score
I'm loving this..... in my trade, this means job security. VZW will have no choice but to further upgrade their networks..... eye see $$$$$$$ sign's...lol.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It will only force Android device quality to improve to compete with the already established iPhone.

Win for Android fans.

+1

I don't understand the hating of one platform over another. There is not a mac in our house but that doesn't mean it is a crappy system. We use what we are used to using. Some have migrated from Windows to Linux and don't look back. A bunch of folks gave Android a try and liked it. To say you'd never switch is shortsighted. The next Apple phone may have more features, be overclockable, have roms, etc and the next Moto phone may be totally unhackable. Who knows.

As others have said an Android phone has most of the apps an iPhone does. Although, we do have have Angry Birds for free while iPhones do not:)

OP
D

DreadX

Reaction score
Hello all,
Thanks for the replies, it is great to read on others' views and opinions. I can see how competition will bring about great products for us all, however my point is that it seems like Verizon is going to kiss Apples' ass, while Android took a chance on the big VEE and propelled it to the level it currently enjoys. Now, please don't get me wrong, I love Verizon, and its much vaunted network never has let me down even when I was off far from the city. But one has to admit that Android, Moto Droid specifically, has uplifted Verizon to a new level than from what other mobiles were unable to previously do ( remember Storm anyone?).

On the other hand, I concede that competition in fact brings out the best in all participating to earn our money. So from a business point of view, Verizon cannot lose. I'm just thinking that a lot of people who already may enjoy their Android devices may jump on Mr. Job's bandwagon just so they can say they have an iphone from V.
I too once wanted an iphone, then realized my likings are geared more towards android. Particularly my Droid X. It's a monster, and proud of it!
It's not cutesy. Though there IS a beauty to it.

But again, thanks for the replies, it is awesome:greendroid: