Mobile Version of DroidForums.net

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Glad to see this guys! It has been very hard to navigate this forum on my old Curve. A few things though.

The Avatars are taking up a lot of space and are kind of stacking on the left hand side with the post being crammed over on the right. You may want to block the avatars out or make them smaller. This could save on load time too.

You also might want to just redirect people straight to the main forum after they sign in. I think that is why most people would come here anyway, especially on a mobile device.

The smileys are cool to have, but they are all bunched up under the text box and it makes for a long scroll to get to the submit button.

When I tried to submit this from my BB, I received an error that said I was missing a security token.

All of these might be limited to me being on a blackberry instead of a device with a real browser, but I thought I would share them anyway.

Keep up the good work.

OP
J

JohnDroid

Glad to see this guys! It has been very hard to navigate this forum on my old Curve. A few things though.

The Avatars are taking up a lot of space and are kind of stacking on the left hand side with the post being crammed over on the right. You may want to block the avatars out or make them smaller. This could save on load time too.

You also might want to just redirect people straight to the main forum after they sign in. I think that is why most people would come here anyway, especially on a mobile device.

The smileys are cool to have, but they are all bunched up under the text box and it makes for a long scroll to get to the submit button.

When I tried to submit this from my BB, I received an error that said I was missing a security token.

All of these might be limited to me being on a blackberry instead of a device with a real browser, but I thought I would share them anyway.

Keep up the good work.

I've removed the avatars and tightened up the postbit area.

When you attempted to submit a reply, which method did you use. Quick Reply, Quote & Reply, Reply?

I've corrected a few of the token errors but I need to know exactly what your URL was when you submitted and what method you used to get there.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score

Keep up the good work.

I've removed the avatars and tightened up the postbit area.

When you attempted to submit a reply, which method did you use. Quick Reply, Quote & Reply, Reply?

I've corrected a few of the token errors but I need to know exactly what your URL was when you submitted and what method you used to get there.

This is me quoting you quoting me and it is working, but the avatars are still showing up.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Ok, this is a regular reply and the avatars are gone now. That was odd.

OP
J

JohnDroid

Keep up the good work.

Ok, this is a regular reply and the avatars are gone now. That was odd.

Maybe a cache'd page? They will only be gone from the showthread pages.

rosedith

Reaction score
I was just wishing for a mobile version this morning. So much nicer to read Droid news ON my Droid!