Mobile Version of DroidForums.net

kaboyd

Reaction score
I cannot change my profile settings on the new mobile site. I need the email notifications to my thread subscriptions to stop but when I go to "save changes" I get an error page saying it cannot perform the action due to a "security token"problem. Then I select the link to write an administrator as it says and when I try to send it I get the same error. Please help. I love this forum and this phone. I just need to sleep without constant email notifications on thread updates.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Site is not changing to mobile anymore

Okay good, it's not just me... I just installed the xScope browser and thought something wasn't working, lol, but yeah, can't get the mobile version to load either.

Update: The mobile version is online. I contacted one of the Moderators and the mobile site is still new and is being worked on frequently. So I would expect (this is ME, not anything official) that temporary outages of the mobile site may occur at times until the Admins are happy with how it performs. So I wouldn't worry as long as it's not down for more than a few hours. Again, my impression, nothing official.

Last edited:

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
Can a link back to the current sub-forum we are in be implemented? Example if that doesn't make sense:

Lets say I'm in the general discussions forum, where I spend most of my time browsing. I find a thread that's 5 pages long. I read 3 of the pages and want to go directly back to the general discussions forum. As it is now, I either have to hit back 3x and wait for pages to load or I have to go to top of page, hit Droid forum which gives me a list of all the sub-forums, and select general discussions again. It would be nice if, while I'm on page 3 of that thread, I could go directly back to the general discussions forum from a link.

Last edited:

baniels

Reaction score
Finally I can search without inadvertently clicking on the banner ad.

kmasum

Reaction score
i love this mobile version... is it possible to have two link ( 1 for full site, 1 for mobile site) in email notification ... email only comes with one link which takes me to full site, not the mobile site

Last edited:

billyidle

Reaction score
Love the mobile site. Would be great to have a "Forum" and/or "Back to Board" link at the bottom of the pages. Just to save a dozen or so swipes to get back to the top.

baniels

Reaction score
I don't know whether this is possible, but it would be very nice to be able to choose to have the links within the new post notification emails send me to the mobile site, since I am on my phone ALL of the time.

Staveandor

Reaction score
I was unable to register for the site on my droid using the mobile version of the site, since there was no CAPTCHA available, but was required. I also could not re-route my browser using the 'full site' button at the bottom of the mobile site.

OP
M

Matth3w

The only reason I don't use the Mobile version of the site is because the User CP looks like absolute crap. The links (at least for me) are all overlapped and unreadable in the subscribed threads portion.

aliceadams

Reaction score
hiii

Glad to see this guys! It has been very hard to navigate this forum on my old Curve. A few things though. The Avatars are taking up a lot of space and are kind of stacking on the left hand side with the post being crammed over on the right. You may want to block the avatars out or make them smaller. This could save on load time too.

circsmonky

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is the first time using the mobile site on my moto Droid that the links on the home page didn't send me to the reagular site.

RANDYRKELLY

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Did yall know that droid forums is on tapatalk. Its a great so for forums and way faster then the sure and mobile version

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Xemnova

Reaction score
Just checked this out. Little hard to navigate at first but very nice job. Much better than the crowded original when viewing on the droids screen.