Mobile Network Not Available

Kneeco

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH 1545
Twitter
YeagerNC
So this problem began a few months ago.... It started saying no mobile network available and I wasn't able to call anybody or text anybody then it would go back to normal. Around a month ago it stopped working completely it said that no mobile network was available and I haven't been able to make a call since.

Along with a no mobile network available I hear static whenever I swipe across my screen from somewhere near my charging port.

I just fixed my charging port and speaker to see if those were the problems and it has not fixed my issue. I have tried all the troubleshooting and I believe that there is something wrong with my antennas or something because I get service like 5% of the time now.....

If anyone can tell me what I need to do to fix this problem I would be forever grateful.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 Verizon version. Thanks!

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Reading the first part of your post made me think you either have a bad SIM card or bad SIM card slot. But I can't link that to the static problem. It could just be that your S4 is broken but you may want to go to a VZW store and see what a new SIM card would do.

OP
K

Kneeco

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH 1545
Twitter
YeagerNC
Welcome to the forum

Reading the first part of your post made me think you either have a bad SIM card or bad SIM card slot. But I can't link that to the static problem. It could just be that your S4 is broken but you may want to go to a VZW store and see what a new SIM card would do.

Already got a new sim card and it did not work :( So yeah I have no clue what else I can do maybe replace the sim port in general?

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Thanx @Mustang2 I missed that!!

I had a very similar issue with my S4. I can walk you thru the steps or send you a guide. You can message me on hangouts or thru here and I will get you all fixed up! The repair will take about 1.5 hours

YumDroid

Reaction score
I have a 2 months old verizon s4 with the same problem and I have already replaced the sim card. Can you post those steps KaosMaster? Greatly appreciate it as this is so frustrating.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
#1 Unzip the ODIN and Image files in same folder.
#2 Power the device "OFF"
#3 Remove the Battery, SDCard, and "SIM" chip. (Push in gently on the chips to unlock and remove.)
#4 Replace Battery into device.
#5 Charge battery using wall plug to 100%.

While you wait for the device to charge, Download the Kies3 software and Install.
Kies

After the software is installed, Restart the computer if required. (This is the backup software and drivers for the device.)

Open Kies3 and "Update" if requested by the software.

#6 Power "ON" the device and connect to USB port. BACKUP everything using Kies3. (Under the backup tab ;) )
#7 Close Kies3.
#8 Power "OFF" the device. Make sure the screen says 100% charged before proceeding.

#9 Place phone in "ODIN" mode. DO NOT unplug "USB" cable!

#1 Press and release the "HOME" key one time.
#2 Hold the "HOME" and "VOLUME DOWN" down buttons. Press and release the "POWER" button.
Screen should talk about "Custom OS". #3 Press "VOLUME UP" key once.
You should see the green android on the screen now. If not...Pull the battery and replace and try again! ;) (Step #9-#1)

[NO VIRTUALIZATION OF WINDOWS WILL WORK FOR THIS!] [Bootcamp is FINE!]

#10 Open ODIN on a Windows computer as an Administrator. (Right click on .exe and select "Run as Administrator)
#11 Select the "CSC" button, and browse to the image file you unziped. (.tar.md5)
Wait while it checks the image file. (May look unresponsive.)
#12 Select the following checkboxes in the upper left quadrant of ODIN. (Make it look just like the picture.)

21d19ba4f2183f89fcbfdc5a8e4b9b86.jpg

#13 Select the "START" button.
Wait till the phone resets and comes up to the setup wizard. Then wait 10 minutes till next step.

#14 Skip thru the setup wizard prompts and perform an FDR. (Factory Data Reset)
#15 After the FDR is complete, and you see the setup wizard again. Turn the device "OFF".
#16 Re-insert the "SIM" chip until it clicks and locks.
#17 Power the device "ON", wait 10 mins when you see the Setup Wizard.
#18 Peform one more FDR. (Factory Data Reset)
#19 Wait for the Setup Wizard, Setup your device!

This procedure sometimes needs to been done twice over a week period to repair the "Radios" (Modem). Just use the device for three days, then perform one more time to complete the repair if necessary. ;)

Last edited:

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thank you! Been a work in progress to get the writing perfect

YumDroid

Reaction score
I had a bad electronics week . . . my phone problem and then my pc crashed. So I didn't get to try this. Can I do it on a MAC? And I need the files. Ugh