Mobile Network Disabled??

synctek

Reaction score
I wouldn't return the phone just yet. This happened to me the other day as I was trying to pull up movie times form Harkins. The net woulnd't work at all. The area I was in was not a great cell spot but I had 1G. When I moved closer to home, the 3G signal came back....still no internet. Later, waiting for the movie to start, I decided to check...the internet ran like a champ. I don't believe in coincidence.....this many people with the same issue is either a "random" netwok problem or much needed update rather than a faulty phone.

Just my opinion.

heem

Reaction score
The odd part though synctek, my wife on her droid can be standing next to me and hers will work fine. And we're on the same plan.

synctek

Reaction score
has her Droid ever experienced the same issue? Have either of you done the *228 update?

heem

Reaction score
hers never had the problem. I did a *228 just today while on the phone with verizon - she did not.

synctek

Reaction score
Its interesting that the VZ people can make changes on their end and it will fix the phone. Maybe it is a phone issue. Did you do a full reset already? If not maybe try that.

With any luck, if you have to take it back, they won't give you a re-furb :icon_evil:

jmilt13

Reaction score
Im having this same issue, losing data connection over night, and only pulling the battery fixes it... Happened about 7 times in the last 2 weeks..

heem

Reaction score
Grumble. Still having the problem after manually updating to 2.01 - was hoping that might solve it.

GqSkrub

Reaction score
Same problem here. At first airplane mode worked but now it doesn't. Gonna check out Verizon.

jser

Reaction score
Used Map and it fixed itself!

Here's what worked for me.

Based on the prior posts it looks like often the problem fixes itself, so I don't know if this will work for others. The Airplane Mode procedure didn't work on my droid and the data connection stayed off for 12 hours.

it fixed itself when I turned on the map program, which caused the phone to shut down/crash and restart itself. still no 3G on restart. When I went to map again, the gps turned on for the first time (it hadn't turned on before), a message like 'searching for data connection' appeared, and the 3G then appeared.

parsrobc

Reaction score
Mine went off this morning too.
Tried the cycle off / on,
tried the airplane mode,
tried the battery pull,
all to no avail.
Finally called Verizon help, 1 800 483 7356, (enter your phone #, then hit option 3), took about 10 minutes to get someone, but they PUSHED SOME UPDATE to my phone, then they had me pull the battery again and then everything was fine.
Good luck to anyone else having this problem.

gvill_droid

Reaction score
3g mobile network problem.

The same problem was happening to my phone. i noticed my 3g icon was gone, although i was still able to use the browser through wifi.
What this means is if you are able to pick up wifi your phone will choose to run on this first instead of the 3g mobile network.
FIRST:go into your settings> wireless & networks>then uncheck your wifi box to turn it off.
NEXT:now that its off stay in your wireless & network options> click mobile neworks>then system slect> make sure its on automatic.
LAST:exit the wireless & network options. but still under settings>click data mananger>data delivery> then make sure all three boxes are checked
1)background data
2)data roaming
3)data enabled.
no extra charges will apply,you are not roaming untill you leave the country.
but this will allow you to run off 3g, and any time you can connect to wifi your phone will rather run on that. i hoped this helps

BlackHoleSlam

Reaction score
is the 29.99 the unlimited data plan so it wouldn't affect me if i were at home and using 3g not wifi though not a good idea i wouldn't be wasting money

minori_aoi

Reaction score
The same problem was happening to my phone. i noticed my 3g icon was gone, although i was still able to use the browser through wifi.
What this means is if you are able to pick up wifi your phone will choose to run on this first instead of the 3g mobile network.
FIRST:go into your settings> wireless & networks>then uncheck your wifi box to turn it off.
NEXT:now that its off stay in your wireless & network options> click mobile neworks>then system slect> make sure its on automatic.
LAST:exit the wireless & network options. but still under settings>click data mananger>data delivery> then make sure all three boxes are checked
1)background data
2)data roaming
3)data enabled.
but this will allow you to run off 3g, and any time you can connect to wifi your phone will rather run on that. i hoped this helps

i can't seem to find data manager under settings ... anyone else ?

tstall

Reaction score
Wow, awesome, that worked for me! I had the same problem for over 24 hours and of course it's a holiday weekend, so I was facing not getting it fixed for another 2 days. That seems like an eternity when you rely on having access to email, weather, gps, etc when travelling for work like I do.

Somehow my data roaming and data enabled were unchecked. I did go to Canada a month ago, may have unchecked them, but it was working since then without a problem, suddenly 2 days ago stopped. Who knows... I wasn't looking forward to going to a verizon store :-(

To the person who asked how to find data manager, on my phone it's called Battery and Data Manager.

Thanks again, you made my day!!

1)background data
2)data roaming
3)data enabled.

freeload69

Reaction score
My Motorola razor had an update and after it was installed i have lost my mobile network. I can use wifi but that doesnt help when im away from home. Can anyone help. I have restarted my phone a couple of times and done the airplane mode and still nothing