mms question

fd2blk78

Reaction score
Question. Ok, first off, I'm on a og droid, rooted, running sapphire 1.1.1, launcher pro, etc. I kept getting text message memory full notices, so, since I never used the native message app, I deleted it using titanium backup. I use handcent. Now, since I deleted the app, handcent would not send pic messages. Does handcent use the native app for this purpose? I downloaded the new go sms app, and am able to send pics through it, but now am not receiving pic messages! Any ideas? And if I have to reinstall the native app, does anyone have the apk file? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Ya I got it...

And yes any messaging app still uses the stock message app for everythin... pm me ur gmail ill send u the file

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

gambit07

Reaction score
Question. Ok, first off, I'm on a og droid, rooted, running sapphire 1.1.1, launcher pro, etc. I kept getting text message memory full notices, so, since I never used the native message app, I deleted it using titanium backup. I use handcent. Now, since I deleted the app, handcent would not send pic messages. Does handcent use the native app for this purpose? I downloaded the new go sms app, and am able to send pics through it, but now am not receiving pic messages! Any ideas? And if I have to reinstall the native app, does anyone have the apk file? Thanks for the help.

Yes you need it, and here it is!
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/104742-mms-apk.html

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
That works too... lol

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

kevev99

Reaction score
In a similar vein, are there any issues with "freezing" the stock MMS app with Titanium Backup and still using Handcent? Just curious.

OP
F

fd2blk78

Reaction score
Not sure about the freezing thing. Actually have no idea what that does/means. Little help?

Also, thanks much for the messaging apk. Working as advertised.

gambit07

Reaction score
In a similar vein, are there any issues with "freezing" the stock MMS app with Titanium Backup and still using Handcent? Just curious.

Not sure about that never tried it, but I may now

kevev99

Reaction score
"Freezing" is something that Titanium Backup lets you do to an app. It stops in from running in the background and hides it from view in the App Drawer. It's an alternative to removing pre-installed "system" apps in Android when you're rooted.

I un-froze the stock messaging app last night. It didn't seem like my notification sound was working. Could've just been the volume. I unchecked everything in stock mms so it won't check. I just let Handcent do it all.