MLB.com At Bat 2010

gruve

Reaction score
This app is $14.99 which lets you listen to radio broadcast of every team, also gives you gameday pitch by pitch. Has anyone bought this yet? I am curious and thinking about getting it to listen to the Cub's games while at work.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This app is $14.99 which lets you listen to radio broadcast of every team, also gives you gameday pitch by pitch. Has anyone bought this yet? I am curious and thinking about getting it to listen to the Cub's games while at work.

There is a pretty substantial thread about this. Lots os us have it! I love it.

warrior21

Reaction score
I got it and have listened to a couple of S.T. games already. For the money it was worth it to me if I'm not able to watch the game or even to check the box scores.

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
I read on the comments for the app there is a lot of disconnects and broken up audio, have you experienced that? It's an ideal app, a lot of the Cubs games are at 1:20 in the afternoon.

warrior21

Reaction score
I read on the comments for the app there is a lot of disconnects and broken up audio, have you experienced that? It's an ideal app, a lot of the Cubs games are at 1:20 in the afternoon.
Haven't experienced any of that yet but I also haven't listened to many games so that might be the case. If I remember correctly I just downloaded an update from them recently so maybe they are trying to solve some of the issues.

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
I downloaded it, decent audio, seems like the audio level is pretty low and when someone gets a hit and the announcer starts yelling then gets way loud. Probably annoying for the people around me at work, that's for sure.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is a very long thread on this topic that began when the app was initially available. I've had very good luck with the app but I also use it mainly when I have a wifi connection to a cable modem-connected router that sits about a foot away.

Audio quality varies significantly form game to game but that's mainly due to the quality of the broadcasts from ST sites. Likewise, the folks at MLB have been working on the app throughout spring training and many of the initial complaints seem to have subsided.

If you're on the fence about purchasing the app, I'd recommend that you wait until the regular season begins. Once the broadcasts are coming from major league parks (with all the technology that implies) you'll have a better idea about the quality of the application itself.

OP
gruve

gruve

Reaction score
Too late, already purchased it. Listening to the Cubs/Giants game with 4 disconnects within the first 3 innings over 3G.

Trooper

Reaction score
Too late, already purchased it. Listening to the Cubs/Giants game with 4 disconnects within the first 3 innings over 3G.

Sound's like thing's haven't changed over the past few weeks.

It's garbage to me until this is fixed...