MLB.com At Bat 2010 in the Market

Tierlifer

Reaction score
Listened to my Mets while working and driving home today..had some audio cuts, all but 1 reconnected within a few seconds but it was still aggravating. I don't get how they can be this far behind the 8 ball on this. They've had 6-7 weeks to get this fixed. WTF?!?

dylanthecat

Reaction score
Listened to most of the Brewers today. Had 2 brief (2 second) cutouts but came right back on. The gametracker part is now working and pretty current with the audio. It does silence during inning breaks, which takes some getting used to. Hard to know if it is still on. I am happy.

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
It's weird that it cuts out so much. I had the Blackberry audio for MLB last season and this spring and it was pretty rock solid.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Been listening to several games today. No cutouts. Period. I'll note once again that I'm running on a wifi signal from my home router linked to a cable modem with a strong signal. I'm willing to bet dollars to doughnuts that the cutouts folks are experiencing are 99% the result of 3G signal problems while traveling.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
listened to the mets game today... one cut-out... but i just blamed it on my bluetooth headphones and went on my merry way...

Varking

Reaction score
Sounds like things are getting better. Might have to pick it up Wednesday for the Mets game.

pilot25

Reaction score
So we need to find out how many people get cut outs with 3g not wifi. I have a feeling that makes a difference.

You aren't going to have wifi in the car and a cut out an inning isn't worth $15.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
So we need to find out how many people get cut outs with 3g not wifi. I have a feeling that makes a difference.

You aren't going to have wifi in the car and a cut out an inning isn't worth $15.

I listened to the Tigers/Royals game on the ride home today. Zero cutouts.

CactusLand

Reaction score
Hi, I am doing some work in Russia, and internet is pay as you go, by megabyte, so I am looking to download mlb games at night, when there is no limit... Does anyone know where I can download archived radio broadcasts of games (from the day before), specifically SF Giants games, I am all orange and black...really appreciate any help.. my email is [email protected] Thanks and go SF Giants...

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Hi, I am doing some work in Russia, and internet is pay as you go, by megabyte, so I am looking to download mlb games at night, when there is no limit... Does anyone know where I can download archived radio broadcasts of games (from the day before), specifically SF Giants games, I am all orange and black...really appreciate any help.. my email is [email protected] Thanks and go SF Giants...

Get a subscription to MLB.com's Gameday Audio and you can listen to the archived games online. That's the only option.

Tierlifer

Reaction score

3G..had numerous cuts during yesterdays Mets/Fish game. Most were reconnected. The evening games were a bit better however.

The audio is about a batter behind the batter/pitcher for me and was last year on the iTouch which I am fine with and was expected..not a big deal.

Anyone else have the issue when you select a game on the main screen it pulls up NOT the one you selected? Happens occasionally.

Overall I am still pretty happy with it as it's slooooowly getting better.

I don't think the video was added till the ASB last year or maybe a bit before? I can't recall.

Tierlifer

Reaction score

Kid Lincecom is downright filthy. Don't remember a youngin' like that mowing people down and being so dominant sonce Dr. K..Doc Gooden in '84-'85

Big Lou

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this will be worth the investment if I plan on watching most games live via OrbLive...

I guess for the times when I can't watch it would be nice. $15 is a lot to ask for an app, though...

pilot25

Reaction score
I'm wondering if this will be worth the investment if I plan on watching most games live via OrbLive...

I guess for the times when I can't watch it would be nice. $15 is a lot to ask for an app, though...

Where are games on OrbLive? Never seen one.

rjax

Reaction score

It's not the app you're paying for. MLB charges you $19.95 for Gameday Audio over the web. I'm actually surprised they're charging less for a far more versatile service.

Anyway, I tried it out for the first time today (over 3G), and had only two very minor dropped connections in about 2 hours. I also had the app doing live updates for a second game, so I'm pretty impressed.