MIUI4DX/D2 to get GB Kernel!

Snow02

Reaction score
From what I've read and I don't know if its true or not, the bionic might come with an unlocked bootloader and if that is the case you know for sure that its gonna have a lot of support

on the miui shiz

Thread hijack. Keep this in the bionic forum. And no, it won't come with an unlocked bootloader.

ksalce

Reaction score
Thread hijack. Keep this in the bionic forum. And no, it won't come with an unlocked bootloader.

My bad.....I was responding to someone. I didn't know I had to go in the bionic part of the forum to respond to someone in a current thread. My mistake apparently.

on the miui shiz

fishhelmet

Reaction score
Damn. 2-init rom not coming until next Friday. He just put it p on twitter. Still there is a new miui upload......

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
MIUI.com still shows 1.8.5...DX 1.8.12 update isn't done yet, so I wouldn't expect the D2 until tomorrow/Sunday...

And can we relax a little on the thread policing...a single comment on another device doesn't seem to warrant that.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Haven't seen any posts or tweets from Framework stating that - what's the data source?

beanstown

Reaction score
pretty sure its just gonna be froyo til next weekend

Framework43 Frankie F.

Doing 1.8.12 Update now, skipping 2nd Init GB for this one, next friday maybe.

BeansTown106 BeansTown @

@Framework43 u doing droid 2 also?? if so how do u get a logcat so i can send it to u right away if it doesnt boot

Framework43 Frankie F. @

@BeansTown106 Don't need a logcat lol, Doing it right now.

that was 40 mins ago so hopefully soon ;)

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cool...thanks.

Yeah, the GB kernel thing was confirmed dead for this week by Framework a while back...but the new update will be nice to have in the meantime. :)

beanstown

Reaction score
Cool...thanks.

Yeah, the GB kernel thing was confirmed dead for this week by Framework a while back...but the new update will be nice to have in the meantime. :)

def anytime update is now live on rootzwiki, edit that rootzwiki poiints to miui.us downloads and d2 and dx are on 1.8.5 but rom manager has the new one ;)

Last edited:
OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
boots, cam/video/gps work. Might have FC on changing ring tones using theme manager, or changing toggles to compact from full page.

I had a process FC (forget which one, unfortunately) when I rebooted recently, other than that it seems to run fine installed over 1.8.5 w/a dalvik cache wipe.

destin246

Reaction score
def anytime update is now live on rootzwiki, edit that rootzwiki poiints to miui.us downloads and d2 and dx are on 1.8.5 but rom manager has the new one ;)

So I'm on 1.8.5 and the new one is 1.8:12? Is this on the gb kernal?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
1.8.12 didn't get the GB kernel, that's been pushed back a week or so.

OP
R

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK...more progress on this:

From Framework:

"Gave Cvpcs 2nd Init stuff for GB, so he'll probably get it done soon, and it'll be incorporated to MIUI asap."