Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

miui-mi-one-1-540x424.jpg

After gaining a huge worldwide following with the Android developer community and support for multiple devices thanks to its huge fanbase, MIUI has finally found a home. That’s right. A company by the name of Xiaomi has designed a superphone called the MI-ONE/Millet suitable for arguably, the world’s most beautiful Android UI. If the looks of the device haven’t quite swayed you, maybe the specs will.

Hardware:

Unlocked bootloader!
4-inch 480×854 resolution screen
Dual-core 1.5GHz Snapdragon S3 (MSM8260)
266MHz Adreno220 GPU
4GB ROM
1GB RAM
Up to 32GB Micro-SD card support
8MP Rear Camera
Noise-cancelling microphone
1930mA battery capable of 15 hours of battery life
GPS (U.S. GPS and Russian GLONASS;)
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity
125 * 63 * 11.9 (mm)
GSM / WCDMA

Other specs:

x3 Capacitive touch buttons (Menu, Desktop, Back key)
Side USB (micro) port
Volume button (side)
Powerbutton (side)
MI-Button (Customisable button for application of your choice)
149g weight

Accessories:

Interchangeable back covers in variety of different colors (currently 7 with more to follow) along with matching spare batteries
Other "MI" Accessories to be launched such as a phonestand and little Android headphones just to name a few
And the best part? The MI-ONE will be made available August 29th and for the insanely low price of ¥1999, which roughly translates into $310 U.S. dollars or €207 Euros. Oh, and did I mention it comes stock with a fully functional Android 2.3.4 MIUI ROM!?

xiaomimi1LAYERS-550x583.jpg

miui-mi-one-2.jpg

[video=youtube;SXbyXtf53pQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXbyXtf53pQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Source

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmm I think that might be fake.

AuxiliaryPie

Reaction score
post why you think it might be fake? if it is real... can we use it on verizon in the US??? lol

gthotie5

Reaction score
Wont sell much regardless imo.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The reason I think the miui one phone is fake are a few reasons.
1) Samsung is already taking heat for a os that looks like ios, and miui is basically that. So for a oem to put that out puts them at risk, now I realize China's laws differ from the states so is possile they could get away with that.
2) My other concern is that since miui is built off of cyanogen mod wouldnt a oem uses miui then wouldn they not have to give credit and pay cyanogen for the software.
3) the images of the devices looks like a concept device. Now I can see a oem making a device and allowing the user to choose their os. If that is the case then the oem would not be at fault for copyright if the user is choosing what os they want on their device.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually I stand corrected, the phone itself is real. But I highly doubt it will make its way out of China. Infact as soon as it drops I expect an apple lawsuit.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I gotta say if this thing would be sold in tablet form, ohhhh yeaaahhh. I know it will never be available for VZW but a wifi tab could be pretty sweet, for the right price of course.