Missing ringtones

mcharron

Reaction score
On my RAZR MAXX I had ringtones that are now on my RAZR MAXX HD. There was one I used for my email and would like to get it back, but cannot find it. It is called pixiedust.ogg. In fact none of the .ogg files show up anywhere, yet some programs find them. Anyone have any thoughts or ideas? Thanks in advance for your help.

FunN4Lo

Reaction score
I moved my ringtones by connecting both phones to a PC and then drag and drop.

I Googled pixiedust ring tone and found a bunch of links. I would start with the xda or DF links. I have lots of crazy notification sounds and ringtones. Make a folder called Media. Inside that folder make folders called Ringtones and one called Notifications. Anything placed there will show up from the settings of any app using notifications or ringtones

OP
mcharron

mcharron

Reaction score
Thanks FunN4Lo. I have all my other Ringtones and Notifications moved, but I can't find ANY with the .ogg extension. They come on the phone and are somehow hidden from view. the RAZR MAXX HD has a whole different set of tones then my RAZR MAXX. In fact it seems my wife's Droid 4 has the same ones my MAXX HD has. It is just very odd.

parfu

Reaction score
I must be getting slow - I've managed to download the ringtone I want from my old Razr to my new Maxx but I can't figure out how to make it my main ringtone. I go into Sound and Ringtones but it doesn't show up in the list and there is no search feature.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

I moved my ringtones by connecting both phones to a PC and then drag and drop.

I Googled pixiedust ring tone and found a bunch of links. I would start with the xda or DF links. I have lots of crazy notification sounds and ringtones. Make a folder called Media. Inside that folder make folders called Ringtones and one called Notifications. Anything placed there will show up from the settings of any app using notifications or ringtones