Missing account in accounts list

MarkSmith1969

Reaction score
I was having alot of problems rooting droid 2 with the OTA Gingerbread.
So I reverted back to 2.2 and restored a previous configuration

Problem is my pop3 email account is missing from the My account List. It is still in the memory somewhere as its still receiving emails.
But I need to change the settings and since its not in the list I can't do that.

I tried to add the email account again but it says it can't add a dulicate.
Anyone know how I can get the account back in the list?
Or delete the files associated with this email account so I can just add it afresh?

Kamokazi

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem. Mine was a result of testing something for our users by switching between the Blur Email Client and ASOP. With Liberty ROM I can switch between them or remove them completely. I've tried all of that, as well as making an identical account, and it tells me it's already created, but it does not show in the account list. The annoying thing is the settings are incorrect so I get an error notification every 15 minutes when it checks for e-mail.

Is there any way to remove this phantom account without wiping again?

OP
M

MarkSmith1969

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem. Mine was a result of testing something for our users by switching between the Blur Email Client and ASOP. With Liberty ROM I can switch between them or remove them completely. I've tried all of that, as well as making an identical account, and it tells me it's already created, but it does not show in the account list. The annoying thing is the settings are incorrect so I get an error notification every 15 minutes when it checks for e-mail.

Is there any way to remove this phantom account without wiping again?

unfortunatley I didn't find a solution - Verizon and Motorola tech support couldn't help. I had to factory reset :(

Kamokazi

Reaction score
unfortunatley I didn't find a solution - Verizon and Motorola tech support couldn't help. I had to factory reset :(

Yeah I figured they would be pretty worthless...I'm thinking I will need something along the lines of some system utility or a config file location that I can wipe (requiring a rooted phone). Thanks for the follow-up.

Last edited: