Minor update rolling out now (or soon)

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Try a reboot. Another thing. Is if you move widgets around it pulls up arrows around so you can adjust the size of the box. I need to play with thus a bit

FROM MY ROCKIN REZOUND

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
Try a reboot. Another thing. Is if you move widgets around it pulls up arrows around so you can adjust the size of the box. I need to play with thus a bit

FROM MY ROCKIN REZOUND
Lol... yes, the original ICS release did this as well on widgets that are re-sizable as you describe, this is not new.

Rebooted, cleared cache, and tried again... still no Swype (thank god, I hate the official Swype!). Not sure why you are getting Swype now, it is not part of the firmware update.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Lol... yes, the original ICS release did this as well on widgets that are re-sizable as you describe, this is not new.

Rebooted, cleared cache, and tried again... still no Swype (thank god, I hate the official Swype!). Not sure why you are getting Swype now, it is not part of the firmware update.
Sounds like he updated SwiftKey and flow is ago.

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Had never seen any of that before. Odd

FROM MY ROCKIN REZOUND

Detours

Reaction score
I got the update last night, but couldn't find any new features either.

This may be wishful thinking, but maybe this update sets the stage for a jelly bean release ... the way they did with that minor update before the ICS upgrade. I'm not holding my breath tho.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Maybe coincidence but my battery life has improved about 25%+ the last 2 days.
I didn't have the charm menu when mine upgraded to ICS. My daughter has a Ryme and I was looking forward to trying out her charm just for grins back then :) . It's no biggie but does work like advertised.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

Snoking

Reaction score
Got it this morning. Have not found anything different yet! FoxFi still will not provide an ip. Chris

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
Maybe coincidence but my battery life has improved about 25%+ the last 2 days.
I didn't have the charm menu when mine upgraded to ICS. My daughter has a Ryme and I was looking forward to trying out her charm just for grins back then :) . It's no biggie but does work like advertised.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Funny, another user on a different forum said exactly the opposite, battery completely drained in 6 hours without being used at all... I personally haven't noticed any change in battery life since the update on either phone.

Snoking

Reaction score
Well I just found that it changed my ringtone! Chris

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny, another user on a different forum said exactly the opposite, battery completely drained in 6 hours without being used at all... I personally haven't noticed any change in battery life since the update on either phone.

Again, it may be pure coincidence, but my brightness sensor seems to actually work now. I've noticed it fluctuate like my Nexus7 does and Gsam seems to confirm I'm using more mid brightness than before when outside and using it. It used to be I was basically using low or high and none in between.
The day it installed my battery life was horrid, it installed twice and tried to install a third time but the battery was too low. I plugged it in, let it get above 30%, checked status, it said I had a new update ready to install but still said my battery was too low. I checked check for updates and it said I was up to date. I checked status again and it had cleared out the waiting for battery and said it'd updated that afternoon around the time the first one or second one installed. Like I wrote before, I was driving when it installed the first time and right after getting home installed a second time. I never got a notice on either, both were seeing 1ish and it said the new update installed at 1:19.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><

Last edited:

rbw62

Reaction score
I can not find any info on what this update does. VZW said it is enhancement to phone.
I woke up this am, update was installed last night while asleep. I dud not know we were getting an update.
Maybe someone will come out with a change log.

Sent from Batcave

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
I can not find any info on what this update does. VZW said it is enhancement to phone.
I woke up this am, update was installed last night while asleep. I dud not know we were getting an update.
Maybe someone will come out with a change log.

Sent from Batcave
lol... if you read the three previous pages of this thread, you will see none of us know anymore about this update than you, nothing is readily apparent and there are no noticable changes of any kind... All I can say it is the general consensus on most forums that this is a pre-upgrade update, similar to what was seen before ICS, for a forthcoming upgrade to Global Mode on the Rezound and ICS on the Incredible 2.