Minor update rolling out now (or soon)

HowardZ

Reaction score
I find this very suspicious, and reminds me of the last update for the DROID x.

That update replaced the bootloader making it impossible to root, rom, or install previous versions. It took a few months for developers to come up with a difficult and time consuming procedure to root that version.

Verizon and htc have given up on any Rezound updates. We won't get jelly beans, we won't even get the global phone update (except for the leak).

I bet there will be only negative things in this update.

I hope my hunch is wrong and the update is just some improved LTE radio firmware

Last edited:

Coupe

Reaction score
I just got it, and I could not opt out. I wonder what this is going to cost me?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got it. Twice. Both said a Verizon update vs the usual Android or HTC update. I was driving home and didn't see it until I heard my email tone, checked it at a red light and it was updating then. I got home and about 15 minutes later it did the same thing.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

drtnsnw

Reaction score
Just finished the update and see nothing new. I am not rooted or anything so who knows

Chris

FROM MY ROCKIN REZOUND

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
While looking for anything new I see where I now have the "charm" menu option. That wasn't there before.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

svdroiddude

Reaction score
Can't see any difference, which is ok I guess.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
Is it the Global Roaming update?
No, it is not... No noticeable changes on my work Rezound so far.

EDIT: Hmmm... my data speeds seem to be cut in half or worse on LTE, normally get 25-35MB down and ~15MB up, now "only" 10 down and 8 up, signal strength is about the same (around -62 dBm) and at midnight locally. Tested three times with a phone with new update, and three times on one without (3.14.605.12), and same result, the older firmware resulted in much higher speeds. Anyone else noticing a slow down in 4G speeds with the new update or was this just a fluke?

Last edited:
OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
No, it is not... No noticeable changes on my work Rezound so far.

EDIT: Hmmm... my data speeds seem to be cut in half or worse on LTE, normally get 25-35MB down and ~15MB up, now "only" 10 down and 8 up, signal strength is about the same (around -62 dBm) and at midnight locally. Tested three times with a phone with new update, and three times on one without (3.14.605.12), and same result, the older firmware resulted in much higher speeds. Anyone else noticing a slow down in 4G speeds with the new update or was this just a fluke?
Yeah. nevermind, I may have hit the panic button early, it looks like it was just a fluke... I ran the speedtest this morning and it came back about normal (24M down & 13M up) for this time of day.

Bpowder33

Reaction score
Yeah. nevermind, I may have hit the panic button early, it looks like it was just a fluke... I ran the speedtest this morning and it came back about normal (24M down & 13M up) for this time of day.

Have you tried unlocking and rooting with the update to see if it works?

drtnsnw

Reaction score
I found what they added. I did a reboot this morning after charging all night. When I went to type a screen popped up for swype. I have never had that before

FROM MY ROCKIN REZOUND

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
I found what they added. I did a reboot this morning after charging all night. When I went to type a screen popped up for swype. I have never had that before

FROM MY ROCKIN REZOUND
No Swype here, just the normal Sense keyboard (Touch Input w/Trace Typing) and Google voice typing.

OP
acejavelin

acejavelin

Reaction score
Have you tried unlocking and rooting with the update to see if it works?
No, I only loaded it on my work Rezound which is bone stock... I did read somewhere else it broke root but not unlock, but they were able to just reinstall su and go.