Millions Of Verizon Customer's Data Exposed By 3rd Party Vendor

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
screen_shot_2015-09-02_at_2-20-55_pm-0-0-1-jpg.77664

We recently learned that anywhere between 6million and 14million Verizon accounts have been exposed thanks to a 3rd party vendor. The vendor was in charge of improving a residential and small business wireline self service portal. This was confirmed to be specifically related to wireline customers and not wireless customers. Nice Systems is the 3rd party vendor responsible for exposing customer data. Apparently the exposure was due to "human error" of a Nice employee that "flipped a security switch on a cloud server causing the data to be publicly available". Fortunately UpGaurd the researcher who discovered the security hole was the only one outside of Nice and Verizon to access the information. According to Verizon there has been no loss of theft of Verizon customer information. Verizon was given notice of the security hole on June 13 and finally closed the hole on June 22. While the door was open customer names, cell phone numbers, account PINs, home addresses, email addresses, and more were at risk.

via CNN

Attachments

• Screen_Shot_2015-09-02_at_2.20.55_pm.0.0 (1).jpg
    Screen_Shot_2015-09-02_at_2.20.55_pm.0.0 (1).jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 4,684

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Yikes!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Next week it will be at$t. I wonder why it took nine days to close the hole after it was discovered if it was just an open switch.

R

RETG

Makes me happy that the Chinese hacked the US government's Office of Personal Management a few years ago. Since that happened, I have lifetime free identify protection service.:D and they were probably only after my clearance sign-ins that were revoked when I retired and totally worthless.:eek::D:D

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Makes me happy that the Chinese hacked the US government's Office of Personal Management a few years ago. Since that happened, I have lifetime free identify protection service.:D and they were probably only after my clearance sign-ins that were revoked when I retired and totally worthless.:eek::D:D
Same here

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Now i want to know if i was one of the ones affected so i can yell at VZW for Compensation! Lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I'm waiting to hear..."Oops, we said it did not affect wireless customers, but we were wrong. Millions of you were affected also."

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
They just dont want to open up that can of worms mentioning VZW Customers yet. You got Bob over there playing on his puter opening up Security holes playing Minecraft on a Company PC exposing Millions of Customer data all cause he wanted a new DLC Pack.