Milestone X (MB809) Baseband

mooniefresh13

Reaction score
Does anyone out there have the Milestone X, which is an unbranded Droid X? If so, is there anyway to extract the baseband from the phone and reflash it? Reason being, I made the stupid mistake of using a GB rom, which overwrote my carrier settings and now I'm stuck without usable data on my phone. The baseband is BP_C_02.06.00R, which I've not seen anywhere else. Someone help, please, lol.

Snow02

Reaction score
Uh oh. I tried helping someone with this problem a couple months ago. We went so far as to backup the nvram from another phone and restore it on his. No dice. You need to contact your carrier. They will have an sbf file for your phone, somewhere. Though they'll likely try to get you to send it back to motorola, for a fee. Just keep trying tech support until you get a helpful tech that can point you in the right direction.

Don't let them tell you any different - they can sbf your phone. But the nearest office with it may not be close as probably not every store will have it.

spanky628

Reaction score
I tried all files from this page

Milestone X SBF Files - Droid X SBF

and no luck, the Generic one is the closest to stock I could find but still had to manual program and get SMS and voice but still no data after *228. I even tried backup APN files from another phone and restore them on mine and didn't work. I'd say we're waiting on the carrier to send the 2.3 update out and hopefully it will have the correct radio or baseband, or prl, or something to get data back.

Last edited:

KJabs

Reaction score
I'm having a similar, yet different, problem.

I have a friend who moved from the Midwest with a phone from Silverstar Wireless (Wireless Service from Silver Star - Teton, Star Valley & Jackson Hole)
It's an MB809. We're now trying to get it activated on Verizon.

We could get voice and text with their stock rom, but no data.
A level 2 (or three?) technician at Verizon spent almost an hour on the phone with me trying to get it working. The will happily activate the phone, but it's clearly not their fault the data doesn't work.
I tried an Alltel SBF, and a generic SBF - still no data. This leads me to believe we need a different baseband.

I even tried a stock Verizon MB810 SBF, but that doesn't even boot.
I just tried SBFing back to the generic MB809 ROM, and it now seems bricked ... oh joy.